The UNE Center for the Enrichment of Teaching and Learning is a dynamic resource that serves as a catalyst and support for innovative, vibrant and effective teaching and learning.
This website provides a focal point for the Center to reach out to you and for you to reach out to the Center. As the mission statement indicates, the Center is dynamic and will continue to grow and develop to meet the teaching and learning needs that are uniquely connected to University of New England and its commitment to excellence.
- Teaching and learning excellence is the foundation of a university community
- Teaching excellence involves creativity, risk taking, problem solving, boldness, trial and error, and openness to new ideas and paradigms
- Learning occurs best in an environment that respects differences and values all community members
- A dynamic university promotes growth in teaching and learning across all career stages
- Professional development is most effective when it is supportive, innovative and collaborative
- Teachers reflect and grow best in a safe and nonjudgmental environment
- Educational theories and evidence-based educational research can enrich the practice of teaching and learning
- Excellence in teaching and learning emerges from and fosters local, regional, national and global collaboration
- A spirit of inquiry, reflection and observation nurtures teaching and learning
- In a strong teaching culture, university fiscal and policy decisions are made with attention to their impact on teaching and learning