We are pleased that you are considering the University of New England Oral Health Center for your oral health care needs.
The UNE Oral Health Center is the clinical educational center for our College of Dental Medicine. Under the supervision of experienced licensed dental faculty, dental students provide patients from Northern New England with comprehensive oral health care.
The UNE Oral Health Center maintains all current clinic compliance policies required to ensure a healthy and safe environment for our patients, and treatment provided meets the standard of care in the profession.
To schedule a new patient appointment, call (207) 221-4747. This appointment will include a brief evaluation of your oral health care needs and appropriate radiographs (x-rays) if needed. The appointment fee is $85.00. If you have had x-rays taken within the past three years, please ask your former dental care provider to forward them to us.
Please bring the following to your first appointment:
- A list of current medications and dosages.
- Photo identification, as well as any dental and/or medical insurance information.
- Payment by cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, or debit card.
Please note: Children must not be left unattended in the clinic lobby area and will not be permitted in clinical areas for their own safety and the safety of our patients. If you choose to bring children, please make sure they have adequate supervision.
If accepted as a patient:
- Treatment will be provided in our modern, state-of-the-art facility that focuses on patient comfort, respect, confidentiality and excellent patient-centered care.
- Students and faculty will provide you with information regarding treatment options and costs. This Treatment Plan will be followed throughout your care.
- You will have opportunities to ask questions, be informed and consent to treatment.
- Because of the faculty/student education process that occurs during your dental care, appointments will be longer than in a traditional private practice setting. As a result, your dental care is offered at a lower fee.
- Depending on your dental care needs, you may be asked to be available for appointments as frequently as once and sometimes twice per week. A typical appointment at the Oral Health Center can last two to three hours.
- Continuity of care and completing your care in a timely manner will be made priorities.
As a patient, you are responsible for full payment for all dental care services at the time they are provided.
We are a participating provider with Northeast Delta Dental and Maine Care.
For patients with other types of dental insurance coverage, the UNE Oral Health Center staff will assist you with claim submission by providing a coded and itemized list of the treatments rendered to you so that you can submit this to your insurance carrier and receive direct reimbursement. Payment is expected at the time of treatment.
Because the educational process is focused on patient care, it is important for you to be on time for your appointments. If you find that you are unable to keep an appointment, please notify us at (207) 221-4747 during normal business hours.
Appointments are scheduled for patients requiring urgent care. The evaluation fee for Urgent Care services is $60.00. Depending on the treatment needed, you may be charged additional fees (for example, if you need a tooth extraction). Fees are due at the time of service. Urgent Care is available during normal business hours. For an appointment, please call the UNE Oral Health Center at (207) 221-4747.
After-hours care is available at all times for registered patients of the Oral Health Center. Please call the emergency telephone number provided to you in your welcome packet or printed on your post-operative instructions. Faculty will assist you.