Service Request Form
To request training or specific services including behavioral assays, surgeries or drug administration,
please fill out and submit a request form.
The mission of the UNE Behavioral Core is to provide COBRE investigators and the broader UNE research community with the highest level of technical expertise, training, instrumentation and related services for assessing behavior in animals. Through utilization of these services, researchers and trainees will gain insight into the function of the nervous system and mechanisms of acute and chronic pain.
Location: Stella Maris, 4th floor
- General Behavioral Phenotyping: Observational Screens, Motor Function
- Pain/Sensory Testing: Thermal, Mechanical, Chemical
- Additional Neurobehavioral Tests: Psychiatric, Addiction, Learning and Memory
- Miscellaneous Systems: GI Transit, Cardiovascular and Respiration
For more details, including specific tests performed in each category, please view the behavioral core brochure.
Animal Care Training
- Assistance choosing behavioral test and statistical tests for assessing results.
- Training in surgical techniques for small animal surgeries.
- Staff expertise includes surgical methods for producing pain models; dosing of drugs/anesthetics including central, systemic and localized administration; and tissue extractions.
For more information and questions, please contact the Behavior Core at email@example.com.
Please remember to acknowledge the COBRE Behavioral Core and the financial support provided by the NIGMS (grant number P20GM103643) in manuscripts, grants and presentations that include our work.