Loans are a reality for most students but repayment doesn’t have to be a burden. Tools exist to assist you in keeping track of borrowing and managing repayment. The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) houses all of your federal loan borrowing history, including PLUS Loans, Perkins Loans and Direct Loans. We highly recommend that you regularly monitor your loan history so there are no surprises when it comes time to begin repayment.
To make your payments more affordable, repayment plans can give you more time to repay your loans or may be based on your income. Contact your loan servicer to review or change your repayment plan.
Loan Forgiveness and Cancelation
- Federal student loan forgiveness, cancelation, or discharge allows some or all of your federal student loan debt to be forgiven depending upon your employment circumstances. See below for other types of loan forgiveness.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau of Health Professions, Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program
Available to students with associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degrees in Nursing.
- AAMC State and other Loan Repayment and Forgiveness Programs
Available to students in the College of Osteopathic Medicine, as well students in the Master of Social Work, Physician Assistant and Dental Hygiene programs.
- Indian Health Service Loan Repayment Program
Available to College of Osteopathic Medicine students, and students in the Nursing, Master of Social Work, Physician Assistant, Master of Science Nurse Anesthesia, Physical Therapy, and Dental Hygiene programs.
Loan Repayment Calculators
- Federal Loan Repayment Estimator: Imports data on federal student loans from National Student Loan Data System.
- FinAid Loan Calculator: A general loan repayment calculator for all types (federal and private) of educational loans.
- Federal Student Aid Calculators and Interest Rates