Become Great at Doing Good
The UNE School of Social Work is a unique, inclusive, student-centered, on-campus social work program in Southern Maine. We offer a values-based curriculum rooted in face-to-face experiences, and multiple, flexible pathways to ensure that our degrees are attainable for all who aspire to make the world a better place.
A Campus-Based Program for Busy People
At UNE’s School of Social Work, you’ll be a participatory member of a learning community grounded in empowering relationships, cross-professional opportunities, and interactional classrooms. On-campus coursework is offered face-to-face and through selected hybrid course options. Field education is individualized and benefits from an extensive network of community partnerships. Our goal is to provide flexible programming while maintaining a strong in-person educational experience.
You’ll Establish a Lifelong Professional Home Base
Part of turning values into action is landing the right job: we have found that local employers actively seek out our graduates, and we’re proud of our regional reputation. But we’re even more proud of the genuine community and sense of mission behind that reputation. To us, people always come first: from professors who continue to practice social work and conduct research, to students who have a strong, respected voice in all aspects of our program, to our tight-knit alumni network, which includes many of Maine’s most prominent community leaders. We're also proud to say that the licensure pass rate of our MSW graduates in 2016 was 81% —consistent with the national average.
We Can Help You Become Great at Doing Good
Our relationship-based, experiential learning philosophy is focused on transforming values into action. We are committed to social inclusion, which includes promotion of human rights, social and economic justice, equity, diversity and cultural responsiveness, and to enhancing the physical, emotional, social and spiritual well-being of people and communities. We’ll give you the experience and the knowledge you need in order to have a positive effect on the world you live in.
two M.S.W. program options:
- Campus-based program
- Face-to-face courses
- Selected hybrid course options that blend face-to-face and online learning
- Asynchronous online learning
- Can be completed from anywhere in the world
Campus-based m.s.w. program structures:
- One-year Advanced Standing track (B.S.W. required)
- 16-month accelerated track
- Two-year traditional full-time track
- Three- or four-year part-time track
- Clinical Practice
- Community Practice
- Integrated Practice (combines Clinical and Community core requirements)
M.S.W. certificate options:
- Applied Arts and Social Justice Certificate: Integrate your passion for expressive arts with community activism, transformation and healing.
- Trauma-Informed Social Work Practice: Become versed in trauma-informed theories, neuroscience implications, impact on workers, and methods of self-care.
- Training in Aging Diversity Certificate: For those interested in working with diverse older people in an aging society.
There are no events listed at this time.
Meg Webster of UNE’s School of Social Work has written an article for HuffPost titled “Escaping Forced Marriage in the DRC to Pursue a Dream:...
According to a recently released study, there is a correlation between the amount of time that teenagers spend on their cellphones or digital devices and...
As part of its Health & Wellness series, the Journal Tribune , in its November 26 issue, published a column titled “Coping with Depression,” written...