Become Great at Doing Good
The UNE School of Social Work is the most uniquely inclusive, supportive, student-centric, on-campus social work program in Southern Maine. We offer a values-based curriculum rooted in face-to-face experiences, and we offer multiple, flexible pathways to ensure that our degrees are attainable for all who aspire to make the world a better place.
A Campus-Based Program for Busy People
We offer multiple learning options (including select hybrid online/offline courses) to ensure that our degrees are attainable for busy people, while providing all the advantages of an in-person educational experience. You’ll be part of a cohesive, supportive learning community grounded in face-to-face interactions—in the classroom and throughout our extensive field education partner network in Maine.
You’ll Establish a Lifelong Professional Home Base
Part of turning values into action is landing the right job: we have found that local employers actively seek out our graduates, and we’re proud of our regional reputation. But we’re even more proud of the genuine community and sense of mission behind that reputation. To us, people always come first: from professors who continue to practice social work and conduct research, to students who have a strong, respected voice in all aspects of our program, to our tight-knit alumni network, which includes many of Maine’s most prominent community leaders.
We Can Help You Become Great at Doing Good
Our relationship-based, experiential learning philosophy is focused on transforming values into action. We are committed to universal human rights, to social and economic justice, and to enhancing the physical, emotional, social and spiritual well-being of people and communities. We’ll give you the experience and the knowledge you need in order to have a tangible, positive effect on the world you live in.
TIME FRAMES FOR M.S.W. COMPLETION:
Campus-based MSW Program
- One-year Advanced Standing track (B.S.W. required)
- 16-month accelerated track
- Two-year traditional full-time track
- Three- or four-year part-time track
Online MSW Program
- 16-month Accelerated Advanced Standing track (B.S.W. required)
- 28-month Advanced Standing track
- 32-month Accelerated Traditional track
- Four-year traditional track
LEARNING FORMATS FOR MSW PROGRAM:
- Campus-based face-to-face classrooms
- Our campus-based program offers hybrid course options that blend face-to-face and online learning
- Fully online M.S.W. that can be completed from anywhere in the world
- Applied Arts and Social Justice Certificate: You integrate your passion for expressive arts with community activism, transformation and healing.
- Trauma-Informed Practice Specialization
- More to come in 2016-2017
Social work by the Numbers
Field placement opportunities available
Student to faculty ratio
Master's license pass rate
In University of New England Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC) and the Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND) grant program hosted a screening of Bottom Dollars...
University of New England School of Social Work student Katy Finch and Professor Thomas McLaughlin, M.S.W., Ph.D., are working on a project that delves into...
Thomas McLaughlin, M.S.W., Ph.D., professor in the University of New England School of Social Work, wrote a piece for the Bangor Daily News titled, “We...