Greetings from the Director
Welcome to University of New England School of Social Work. We offer you the chance to experience a challenging, interactive and life-changing Master of Social Work program. Beginning at orientation, you critically examine contemporary issues, forge new understandings and collaborate with clients and communities to improve the health and well-being of all people. Social justice is a guiding value of our school whether you choose to work directly with individuals and families, build community resources, or lead policy-change initiatives. We are excited to have you learn with and from our accomplished faculty, community partners, and the other students and faculty who make up the interprofessional Westbrook College of Health Professions.
Our School of Social Work offers multiple learning options that make the UNE M.S.W. accessible and obtainable. We do our very best to be responsive to your individual circumstances while providing excellence in social work education. Below are M.S.W. options, time lines and formats:
- Clinical Practice: Prepares you with competencies and skills for direct practice with individuals, families and groups
- Community Practice: Prepares you with advanced knowledge and skills for program management, policy analysis, advocacy, leadership and community development
Time frames for M.S.W. completion:
- Two-year full-time campus-based program
- Three-year part-time campus-based program
- One-year advanced standing program (B.S.W. required)
- Sixteen-month accelerated campus-based program
- Four-year fully online M.S.W.
- Campus-based face-to-face classrooms
- Hybrid/flipped courses that blend face-to-face and online learning
- Fully online M.S.W. that can be completed from anywhere in the world
- Applied Arts and Social Justice Certificate: You integrate your passion for expressive arts with community activism, transformation and healing.
- More to come in 2015-2016
I invite you to come to campus, experience a classroom, connect with students and alumni, or contact me directly to learn more about the UNE M.S.W. experience.
Let’s begin the conversation,
Shelley Cohen Konrad Ph.D., L.C.S.W., F.N.A.P., Director
There are no events listed at this time.
The University of New England’s School of Social Work was recently recognized for offering one of the top Master in Social Work Online programs in...
UNE’s Applied Arts and Social Justice program to host Family Crisis Services exhibit on the Real Stories of Incarcerated Women
From August 14 to October 31, 2015, the University of New England’s School of Social Work’s Applied Arts and Social Justice program on the Portland...
Shelley Cohen Konrad, Ph.D., LCSW, FNAP, interim director for the School of Social Work and director of the InterProfessional Education (IPE) Collaborative and Karen Pardue,...