Welcome to the University of New England School Social Work, where we offer one of the most exciting and responsive Master of Social Work programs in the nation. As a student with us, you work to critically examine some of the most difficult problems facing society today, and to forge new understandings and solutions.
We offer three learning options
- A traditional face-to-face campus experience
- A hybrid/flipped course option that blends classroom and online learning to allow for maximum flexibility while still retaining classroom relationships
- A completely online program that can be matriculated from anywhere in the world
We are the only graduate program in the state of Maine that offers two concentrations
- Clinical Practice: The Individual, Families, and Groups (IFG) concentration provides you with advanced skills in health and mental health, substance abuse, trauma, and other relevant clinical and case management arenas.
- Community Practice: The Organizational and Community Practice (OCP) concentration allows you to develop advanced skills in program management, policy analysis, advocacy, and community development.
We also offer a Certificate in Applied Arts and Social Justice where you may—for no extra cost—integrate a passion for expressive arts with your passion for transformation, change and healing.
Through our program you will meet excellent educators, each one dedicated to helping you become a leader in the profession. You will also meet classmates who become lifelong colleagues and friends.
Explore what our students and alumni have to say about their experiences in the program, come to campus for a visit, or contact us directly to learn more about the exciting opportunities available at UNE.
Danielle F. Wozniak, MSW, Ph.D.
Information Session - Narrative Social Work: Healing Ourselves and Others Through Re-Writing our Stories
Information Session about the School of Social Work: Unlikely Collaborations: Students and Jail Inmates Working for Social Justice
Social Work and Nursing faculty to present webinar on interprofessional service learning in community settings
Shelley Cohen Konrad, Ph.D., L.C.S.W., F.N.A.P., associate professor of Social Work, director of the Center for Excellence in Interprofessional Education (CEIPE); Kerry Dunn , J.D.,...
An interprofessional team of UNE Health Professions graduate students has been awarded a mini-grant from the Center for Excellence in Interprofessional Education (CEIPE) for their...
UNE's Online College of Graduate and Professional Studies ranked among Most Affordable Online Graduate Schools for Master's Degrees
UNE’s Online College of Graduate and Professional Studies continues to shine with its latest appearance on a list of the 50 Most Affordable Online Graduate...