UNE Master of Social Work
Two Program Options
- On Campus: A traditional face-to-face campus experience.
- The campus-based program provides a hybrid course option that blends classroom and online learning to allow for flexibility while still providing classroom relationships.
- Online: A completely online program that can be completed from anywhere in the world.
All three of our Master of Social Work concentrations prepare graduates for professional social work leadership positions within their communities.
Prepares students with knowledge and skills for advanced practice primarily focused on individuals, families, and groups in multiple settings.
Provides students with knowledge and skills in an array of advanced practice roles in the areas of program and policy development, administration, supervision, political advocacy, community practice, and evaluation.
Combines the core curriculum of both the Clinical and Community Practice Concentrations.
You can complete our program in as little as one year on an accelerated track, two years as a traditional full-time student, or at your own pace as a part-time student:
- One-year Advanced Standing track (B.S.W. required)
- 16-month accelerated track
- Two-year traditional full-time track
- Three- or four-year part-time track
We offer two specialization certificates, with more to come in 2017.
APPLIED ARTS AND SOCIAL JUSTICE CERTIFICATE
You integrate your passion for expressive arts with community activism, transformation and healing.
TRAUMA-INFORMED PRACTICE SPECIALIZATION
You prepare to become a practitioner versed in trauma theory, the neurobiology of complex trauma, and the effects of working with trauma.
More specializations coming soon
We look forward to offering additional certificate programs, to be announced later in 2017.
Hybrid Course Options
Our M.S.W. program is campus-based, but offers some hybrid course options for those who desire greater flexibility:
- Campus-based, meeting face-to-face in classrooms and in the field
- Our campus-based program offers hybrid course options that blend face-to-face and online learning.
UNE Bachelor of Social Work
Our Bachelor of Social Work program prepares you to work in a field that touches the lives of people from newborns to elders and their families. We train you with the knowledge and skills for entry-level social work practice in social service, health, mental health and community-based settings.