The mission of the College is to provide an outstanding environment for the teaching-learning-discovery paradigm to effectively deliver a contemporary pharmacy and post-graduate curriculum designed to graduate competent practitioners, residents, fellows and scientists for the state of Maine and the nation. The College will establish and maintain an active and productive scholarly enterprise for the discovery of new knowledge and methodologies in our laboratories, in our patient care settings, and in our educational programs. The College will also cultivate and nurture in its students, faculty and staff the value and need for a commitment to life-long learning, community service and social responsibility.
The College of Pharmacy will be recognized nationally for the ability of its Doctor of Pharmacy graduates to provide contemporary, compassionate, interprofessional, patient-centered care and to advance and develop innovative pharmacy practice models. Our Doctor of Pharmacy graduates will be recognized for their ability to be forward-looking and for their passion to further advance the varied roles and activities that pharmacists provide on health care teams.
The College of Pharmacy will be recognized for the breadth and depth of the scholarly activities of its faculty and students in the pharmaceutical sciences, clinical sciences, social-administrative sciences and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
The College of Pharmacy will be recognized for providing innovative, compassionate, interprofessional, clinical pharmacy services and for its community service provided by faculty members and students in the community, clinical and institutional settings
The graduates, fellows and residents of the College of Pharmacy will be recognized as leaders among the next generation of scientists, practitioners, and educators creating new models of practice and advancing scientific and clinical discoveries.
The College will operate guided by a set of values that will:
- Foster pride in pharmacy’s contributions to society.
- Maintain a student-centered approach in its teaching.
- Promote leadership in its students to further develop the profession.
- Provide diverse pathways for its students to continue their formal education.
- Embrace and learn from the diversity of its students and faculty.
- Instill in its students the value of lifelong learning.
- Conduct all of its programs in an atmosphere of collegiality and mutual respect.
- Develop a spirit of community service and social responsibility.
- Deliver its programs guided by a spirit of integrity and accountability.
- Maintain a program of on-going faculty and staff development.
- Strive to achieve academic excellence by adhering to its standards for quality.
- Pursue discovery with a passion for improving quality of life.
Based on its stated set of core values, the College of Pharmacy intends to create and maintain a community of scholars and learners who will function in an atmosphere of collegiality and mutual respect. Faculty and staff will embrace the philosophy that the college will adhere to a student-centered approach in its teaching and services and that they must epitomize a high standard of professional behavior and, therefore, expect no less from their students.