Official Academic Transcript Request
Official Transcript Release Policy
- Due to production demands in Registration Services on both campuses, requests for official or unofficial transcripts cannot be processed on demand. You should plan on a three-to-five business day turn-around on any request.
- No official transcript will be issued until all of your financial obligations have been met.
- Transcripts are issued only at the verified request of the student. The purpose of this policy is to protect the privacy of the individual concerned and to minimize the possibility of the use of another's transcript by an imposter.
- Official transcripts are normally issued directly to other educational institutions or prospective employers designated by the student. Official transcripts issued to the student for purposes of transport to another party can be provided in a sealed envelope but will be considered unofficial if opened by anyone besides the intended party. Transcripts are also considered unofficial if faxed.
- If you are a current UNE student, you may print an "unofficial" transcript from U-Online. This service is only available if you have access to the site. As some Graduate programs do not use U-Online, please contact your program directly to confirm.
- The University of New England will not forward transcripts via email.
Methods of Request
If you wish to order your UNE official transcript, you may do so in one of three ways:
- Forms are available in Registration Services on the Biddeford Campus (Decary Hall 114) and Portland Campus (Hersey Hall 119) where you can fill out the transcript request form in person.
- You can print the Transcript Request Form, then mail or FAX it as indicated by the directions on the bottom of the form.
- You can request your transcript via email. This is only allowable if you make your request via your official University of New England email address, or from an email account that has an authenticated electronic signature. You must include: (1) your full name; (2) the last four digits of your social security number or your full PRN number; (3) your date of birth; (4) the dates of your attendance at UNE; (5) your major at the time of your attendance or degree completion; and (6) the complete address where you wish the transcript to be sent including the recipient's name. Requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify one of the following options when requesting your transcript, regardless of request method:
- Mail Immediately (3-5 business days)
- Mail after term
- Mail after degree date posted
- Mail after grade change: Please include course name and section (eg., BIO 100 A)
- Pick up in a Registration Services office in 3-5 business days with a photo ID. Please specify campus. Documents not retrieved within two weeks will be shredded to maintain data security.
- Fax transcript (unofficial only): Please include (1) fax number and (2) name of receiving individual, school, business, etc.
Official transcripts are provided at no additional cost to current and former students of the University of New England, St. Francis College, and Westbrook College.