Master of Social Work Registration

2016/2017 Masters of Social Work Registration

Summer 2016

March 28-May 25

Fall 2016

March 28-September 2

Spring 2017

  • Early Optional Spring Electives: October 31-December 21
  • Practicum: October 31-January 5
  • October 31-January 20

You are strongly encouraged to read this entire guide before starting the Advising/Registration process as it will make your online registration session much more successful. You may also click on any of the links below to take you to a specific page or resource:

MSW Registration Schedule

All students who are eligible to participate in online registration have been assigned specific windows of time during which registration will be available. U-Online refers to these assigned times as time-tickets. Please see the table below for the MSW registration schedule. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. on the start dates and close at 11:59 p.m. on the end dates. Dates subject to change.

Academic Advising

MSW Advising and Course Selection

All students are recommended to meet with an academic advisor prior to registration. You may look up your current advisor assignment on U-Online. To do this, login to U-Online, select Student Services; then Student Records; then General Student Information. Select the desired term and submit. Your advisor is listed in the Primary Advisor field.

Course Selection Worksheet

As you plan your schedule with your advisor, record the CRNs in the Course Selection Worksheet so that you may reference them during your online registration session. Your advisor's signature is not required for online registration, however, you may wish to keep a copy of the worksheet with your advisor's signature as a record of what you discussed during your meeting.

Course Load

A graduate student must be registered for at least 6 credits to be classified as full-time status. Being enrolled in less than 6 credits will result in part-time student status. This status may affect: financial aid, tuition billing, Veteran's Administration, insurance verifications. It is the student's responsibility to monitor their own enrollment status.

Prerequisites, Co-requisites and Concurrent Course Enrollments

The majority of Social Work courses have prerequisites, co-requisites, or other registration restrictions attached. Online registration will prevent registration in courses for which you do not meet the requirements. To avoid delays during your online session, make certain that you have taken all prerequisites prior to registration. You will also need to enter all CRNs of co-requisite courses at the same time.

MSW Registration Procedures

Advance Registration

Students may register for courses by consulting with their advisor, and then entering their selections through U-Online's Registration Services during advance registration. Complete instructions for registering online are found in the Guide to Online Registration. After the initial registration period, online registration access will temporarily close to allow the Dean's Offices to adjust the course offerings and to resolve any outstanding registration or advising issues.

Registration Adjustments

Online registration will re-open for a Registration Adjustment period when students may finalize their schedule and make any adjustments before registration opens up to the non-matriculated population during open registration. Although your schedule will be considered final after registration adjustments, it may still be subject to administrative changes due to staffing and scheduling changes in the course offerings.

The Registrar's Office will review all registrations at the end of the semester to make sure that students are still eligible to remain enrolled in courses for the upcoming semester that are restricted by prerequisites, major, or academic standing. You will be administratively dropped from courses for which you are no longer eligible, and it will be your responsibility to replace those courses during the adjustment and add/drop period.

Open Registration (Add/Drop)

As always, students may make changes to their schedule during the add/drop period at the beginning of each term.

Withdrawal/Leave of Absence

A student may withdraw from all courses by completing either a Request for Leave of Absence Form or a Request for Withdrawal Form. These forms are available at the Student Affairs and the Registrar's Office on both campuses. Note: The effective date of withdrawal/leave of absence is the date the University receives the completed paperwork. Any possible tuition refunds are calculated based on this effective date. Failure to properly inform UNE of your change in status may result in failing grades.