Additional Information

Requests for Living Expenses

We are committed to helping you manage your debt. We offer our online students loan funding to cover direct costs, but you can reach out to us if you need to borrow extra funds to help make ends meet while completing your program. Contact Student Financial Services for more information.

Withdrawal from UNE 

Withdrawal from UNE will affect your financial aid eligibility. The Tuition Refund Policy will determine the percentage of tuition refunded based on the date of your withdrawal. If you withdraw from a course after it begins, you will be subject to calculations to determine aid eligibility, which can result in a balance owed. Contact us before withdrawing to discuss the impacts on your financial aid. 

Summer Attendance

If your program track includes summer enrollment, aid for the summer term will be factored in. If your program does not typically include summer enrollment and you plan to take courses in the summer, you will need to contact Student Financial Services to have your aid adjusted.

TEACH Grant Information (For MSED & Undergraduate Education Major students only)

The U.S. Department of Education's Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH Grant) program provides funds to students who are completing or plan to complete coursework necessary to begin a career in teaching, and who agree to teach full-time for at least four years:

  • As a highly qualified teacher;
  • At a school or educational service agency (ESA) servicing low-income students;


  • In a high-need field.

The four years of teaching must be completed within eight years of you earning your degree, or ceasing to be enrolled in the program for which you received a TEACH Grant. This teaching requirement is known as your TEACH Grant service obligation.

If you are interested in the TEACH Grant, you must complete these three items annually:

  1. The UNE TEACH Grant Information Form. If after completing this form you meet all of the requirements, complete the TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve.
  2. TEACH Grant Counseling
  3. The TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve