UNE offers medical insurance to address the health care needs of our full-time and half-time faculty and staff. There are two levels of in-network health insurance coverage and one in- and out-of-network plan to choose among. Each of the three levels of coverage is available in a variety of family structures to provide the right level of coverage for the best cost.
- Full-time or half-time faculty or staff (self)
- Spouse or Domestic Partner
- Dependent Children (and those of a Domestic Partner) until the end of the month they turn 26 years of age
- Participation in health coverage may begin the first of the month after your hire or qualifying event. If your hire or event occurs on the first of the month, then benefits begin on the date of hire or qualifying event.
- Please review the Summary Plan Descriptions for more eligibility details and consult with Human Resources for specific situations.
Get your Mobile App
We get it — Everyone is on the go these days. Set up these mobile apps to get access to your health and dental information, id card and other resources on your mobile divice.
Medicare Part D — Notice of Creditable Coverage
The prescription drug coverage listed under the University of New England's medical plan is expected to pay out, on average, at least as much as the standard Medicare prescription drug coverage will pay in 2017 and is considered "creditable coverage." If you or your covered dependents are enrolled in any prescription drug coverage listed in this notice of creditable coverage and are or become covered by Medicare, you may decide to enroll in a Medicare prescription drug plan later and not be subject to the late enrollment penalty as long as you had creditable coverage within 63 days of your Medicare prescription drug plan enrollment. Please read the notice of creditable coverage carefully and keep this notice with your important records.
Additionally, Health Advocate is a free and confidential resource to help you, your spouse, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law answer questions regarding Medicare.
- ABC's of Medicare
- (866) 695-8622
Cigna Open Access Basic
This in-network plan provides a moderate co-payment option and has mid-level monthly premium costs. Learn more
Cigna Open Access Enhanced
This in-network plan provides lower co-payments and has the highest monthly premiums.
Cigna High Deductible Heath Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA)
This plan offers in and out of network benefits at a low monthly premium. In 2017, UNE will be providing $2,600 ($1,300 January 1 and $1,300 July 1) to an eligible participant’s HSA, account and participants have the option to contribute additional money to their HSA (within limitations set by the IRS). Learn more
Cigna Overseas Urgent and Emergency Care
With UNE's presence in Morocco and the increased global connections across the University, this information will be of assistance to anyone covered under the CIGNA plans who is traveling overseas.
Cigna Vision Benefits
Vision benefits are included as part of your health plan when you elect our CIGNA health coverage.
Cigna Pharmacy Benefits
Understanding your pharmacy benefits will assist you in making the most effective decisions.
This is a free and confidential benefit that helps you and your family (spouse, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law) get answers involving your medical, hospital, dental, mental health, medications and other health care issues.
- Find the right doctors, dentists and other providers.
- Locate the right treatment facilities.
- Get explanations of coverage stipulations and alternatives for uncovered services.
- Get to the bottom of billing mistakes and coverage denials.
- Negotiate fees and payment arrangements.
- Find in-home care, adult daycare, assisted living and long-term care.
- Clarify Medicare, Medicaid and Medicare Supplemental Plans.
- Get tips on Protecting Against Identity Theft
- See more in the Health Advocate Features Brochure
Normal business hours are Monday–Friday, between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. Eastern Time but staff is available after hours and on weekends.
Other Health Forms
- Benefit Election Form 24 Pay
For 12 month faculty or staff or for 9 or 10 month faculty or staff electing to defer their pay over 12 months.
- Benefit Election Form 18 Pay
For 9 month faculty or staff being paid over 9 months.
- Benefits Overview Packet
Overview of the primary benefits offered by UNE.
- Cigna Domestic Partner Rider
This document defines the domestic partner status for unmarried domestic partners.
- Domestic Partner Affidavit
This certifies the necessary requirements for unmarried domestic partners’ eligibility to be included in health and dental insurance coverage.