UNE offers medical insurance to address the health care needs of our full-time and half-time faculty and staff. There are two levels of in-network health insurance coverage and one in- and out-of-network plan to choose among. Each of the three levels of coverage is available in a variety of family structures to provide the right level of coverage for the best cost.
- Full-time or half-time faculty or staff (self)
- Spouse or Domestic Partner
- Dependent Children (and those of a Domestic Partner) until the end of the month they turn 26 years of age
- Participation in health coverage may begin the first of the month after your hire or qualifying event. If your hire or event occurs on the first of the month, then benefits begin on the date of hire or qualifying event.
- Please review the Summary Plan Descriptions for more eligibility details and consult with Human Resources for specific situations.
Cigna Open Access Basic
This in-network plan provides a moderate co-payment option and has the lowest monthly premium costs.
Cigna Open Access Enhanced
This in-network plan provides lower co-payments and has mid-level monthly premiums.
Cigna Open Access Plus
This in- and out-of-network plan is the most flexible and carries the highest monthly premiums.
Cigna Vision Benefits
Vision benefits are included as part of your health plan when you elect for our CIGNA health coverage.
Full-time employees who are eligible for benefits and can provide proof of other health care coverage may receive $100.00 per month in additional income in lieu of electing UNE health care coverage.
Create an account with Cigna Online to access information about your medical health plan.
Other Health Forms
- Benefit Election Form 24 Pay
For 12 month faculty or staff or for 9 or 10 month faculty or staff electing to defer their pay over 12 months.
- Benefit Election Form 18 Pay
For 9 month faculty or staff being paid over 9 months.
- Benefits Overview Packet
Overview of the primary benefits offered by UNE.
- Domestic Partner Affidavit
This clarifies and certifies the necessary requirements for unmarried domestic partners’ eligibility to be included in health and dental insurance coverage.
- Cigna Out of Country Claims Processing