Wednesday, May 26, 2021 | 11:30 am – 4 pm ZOOM Webinar
This is a half day virtual event focusing on COVID-19 Research.
The deadline to register is Friday, May 21, 2021.
Program Participants: Northern Light Health physicians, allied health professionals, nurses, pharmacists, clinical research staff, and others committed to excellence in care.
At the conclusion of the Northern Light Research Expo, attendee will be able to:
Session 1: Future of Translational Medicine
1. To recall that translational science is the movement of concepts and technologies to and from the
laboratory and the clinic.
2. To be exposed to examples of how this translation can occur quickly that changes the course of clinical care.
3. To explore mechanisms and pathways to speed this translation that will have impact on our patients.
Session 2: Health Effects of Social Isolation on Older Adults
1. To recognize social isolation as a syndrome
2. To distinguish the difference between isolation vs loneliness
3. To identify the health risks of isolation
4. To summarize the technical and policy approaches to isolation
Session 3: COVID One Year Later: Panel discussion on what we have learned
1. To discuss experience of the pandemic over the last year
2. To discuss the pandemic in terms of science
3. To discuss the pandemic in terms of operations
4. To discuss the pandemic in terms of logistics of caring for population from an unknown entity
5. To discuss the pandemic through innovations in treatment
6. To discuss mass vaccination program
2021 Research Expo Program
Session 4: The Fast-paced, Ever-Changing Healthcare Environment: SARS-CoV-2 Presence During 2020-2021 Pandemic
1. Outline the COVID-19 pandemic timeline in Maine
2. Recall infection control strategies that were taken during the COVID-19 pandemic
3. Describe SARS-CoV-2 presence in the healthcare environment
4. Review infection control implications from the research findings