One of the most important considerations when committing to a college or university is its cost. At UNE, we work with you and your family to help make your education affordable. What’s more, we’re proud to manage our institution upon a solid financial foundation and to provide a strong return on investment for our students.
Our University has a proven reputation for financial stability and prudent management of resources. We view sound fiscal management as key to ensuring the value of your degree.
- UNE is Maine's largest private university.
- We are A-Rated by Moody’s Investor Services and Fitch Ratings.
- Our annual operating budget of nearly $250 million supports three campuses and six colleges.
- We have re-invested $100 million into campus and program enhancements in the past five years.
committed to affordability
UNE's percentage below the average tuition for private universities in New England
Percentage of our undergraduate students who receive some type of financial assistance
Average total award package for our students
Awarded annually in institutional scholarships
As you consider the cost of higher education, it is worthwhile to also consider the return you receive on your investment. At UNE, we believe your degree should be valuable and enduring.
UNE has been included in the 2020 edition of The Princeton Review’s Best 385 Colleges guide. This highly selective list includes only the top 15% of four-year colleges and universities in the U.S. We've also been recognized in U.S. News & World Report as one of the "Best Regional Universities in the North” and in the 2019 Forbes and 2017-2018 MONEY® Best Colleges lists.
This recognition translates to student success.
- Zippia ranks UNE first in Maine for graduates getting jobs.
- The Brookings institution ranked UNE first among Maine universities and colleges for its ability to increase students’ career earnings.
- A survey of 2017 graduates showed that 94% were employed or accepted into grad school within six months of graduating.
- Our student loan default rate of 2.5% is significantly lower than the averages in Maine (9.7%) and nationally (10.1%).
With a UNE diploma, manageable college expenses, and our commitment to partnering with you and your family, you are well equipped for the transition you will make after college.