Learn about changes to the 2024–25 FAFSA Process
Federal Student Aid is making changes to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2024–2025 aid year. This change includes the FAFSA form and many policies and procedures for schools that participate in federal student aid programs. All of this means that the timing for the FAFSA process is changing. Historically, the FAFSA form has been made available on October 1 each year, but this year the form will not be available until sometime in December 2023.
Our University has a proven reputation for being financially stable and for prudent management of resources. We view sound fiscal management as key to ensuring the value of your degree.
- UNE is Maine's largest private university
- We have an A2 rating from Moody's Investor Services and an A+ credit rating from Fitch Ratings
- Our annual operating budget of nearly $250 million supports three campuses and six colleges
- We have re-invested $100 million into campus and program enhancements in the past five years
Committed to Affordability
of Undergraduate students receive merit-based scholarships
average total award package for our students
in institutional scholarships awarded annually
A SOUND INVESTMENT IN EDUCATION
As you consider the cost of higher education, it is worthwhile to also consider the return you receive on your investment. At UNE, we believe your degree should be valuable and enduring.
UNE has been included in the 2024 edition of The Princeton Review’s Best 386 Colleges guide. This highly selective list includes only the top 15% of four-year colleges and universities in the U.S. We've also been recognized in U.S. News & World Report and MONEY® Best Colleges lists.
This recognition translates to student success.
- Zippia ranks UNE first in Maine for graduates getting jobs.
- The Brookings Institution ranked UNE first among Maine universities and colleges for its ability to increase students’ career earnings.
- Surveys of 2016–2022 undergraduates show that 95% were employed or enrolled in ongoing higher education within a year of graduating.
With a UNE diploma, manageable college expenses, and our commitment to partnering with you and your family, you are well equipped for the transition after college.