The Maine Area Health Education Center (AHEC) Network's mission is to alleviate health workforce shortages in rural and underserved areas of the state. AHEC supports that effort by working with academic and community partners to:
- Provide rural, community-based clinical training experiences for medical and other health professions students
- Encourage Maine youth and mid-career professionals to explore health careers
- Support practicing health professionals with continuing education and distance learning opportunities
The Maine AHEC Network consists of the:
- Program Office at the University of New England (UNE) on the Portland Campus and our three Centers:
- Eastern Maine AHEC location will be announced soon
- Northern Maine AHEC at Northern Maine Community College in Presque Isle
- Western Maine AHEC at Franklin Community Health Network in Farmington
The Maine AHEC Network is supported by funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services), UNE, and the Finance Authority of Maine.
Self Care and Resiliency during COVID
Dr. Claudia Finkelstein
Healthcare professionals are challenged daily during the pandemic. To be able to care for others, we must also have the tools and practice of caring for ourselves. Watch our webinar with Dr. Claudia Finkelstein for an informative and important training on Self Care and Resiliency during COVID.
Health Careers Exploration Camp
The in-person Health Careers Exploration Camp has been canceled for the summer of 2020. For questions or to express interest in participating in online workshops please fill out our online form.