Transfer Orientation is designed to help transfer students become familiar with the campus and receive relevant information about getting started at the University of New England. It is geared specifically for you and your individual needs!
- Once you deposit, it's time to register for Orientation. It is mandatory but we keep it to one day because we understand that you have attended another institution. This session is designed specifically for transfer students and will provide you opportunities to learn about what it means to be a student here at UNE, meet with your faculty, discuss your schedule (to make sure it's what you want) and ask any other questions you have prior to starting classes.
- Once we have received all of your transfer information (transcripts, placement test results, etc.) you will be eligible to meet with a Professional Academic Advisor starting June 1 to discuss your schedule. It is important that you verify with Admissions that all of your information has been received before you schedule this appointment.
- Get Advised/Select Classes prior to Orientation: After June 1 you will hear from a Professional Academic Advisor to set up a time to meet and discuss your schedule. Please keep an eye on your UNE email and listen to voicemails. They will contact you directly. For advising sessions you may select from phone call, Zoom/Skype/Facetime, or an in-person visit based on your schedule and/or preference. If you wish to contact an advisor directly, see below but please know that they will not be able to assist with course scheduling until June 1.
- Talk with Residential and Commuter Life if you have any questions about finding local housing or living on campus.
- Attend Orientation: If you have questions prior to your scheduled orientation, contact the Orientation Office directly at (207) 602-2447, visit the website, or email the Student Orientation Coordinators at email@example.com. You will hear back from someone within 24 hours of sending.
Transfer Orientation sessions include college meetings, connecting with your faculty mentor, social activities and opportunities to meet current students, faculty, and professional staff while connecting with other transfer students. You will receive answers to any questions you may have regarding university life at UNE.
Register for Fall Residential Transfer Student Orientation