Welcome to the Northeast Osteopathic Medical Education Network
On this website, the Northeast Osteopathic Medical Education Network (NEOMEN) provides information about our organization, our members, and — most importantly — our extensive network of osteopathic postdoctoral training opportunities. We invite you to tour our website and get to know us.
Visit each of our members to learn about the unique characteristics that make our training programs distinctively osteopathic and educationally outstanding. We have provided links to training sites and descriptions of our osteopathic intern and residency programs.
Our network prides itself on its solid foundation of primary care training programs. Internal Medicine, Family Practice, OMM, and Emergency Medicine are our strengths. We excel in distance-learning technology and distinguish ourselves from other Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training Institutions (OPTI) by offering you the opportunity to become part of a leading-edge organization committed to conducting primary care research. We are dedicated to putting the right medicine in the right hands.
NEOMEN is formed in accordance with the principles of the American Osteopathic Association for an OPTI.
NEOMEN is committed to establishing and sustaining programs of osteopathic medical education, faculty development, and research that exemplifies the highest standard of quality through a partnership of health care organizations to address the health care needs of the people of the communities served by the partners.
NEOMEN shall be known for:
- Providing the highest standards of educational excellence for pre and postdoctoral trainees in member osteopathic educational programs
- Promoting collaboration among educational programs in order to share resources of expertise, knowledge, facilities, faculty development, research, and finance
- Enhancing and improving the efficient, cost-effective delivery of educational programs
- Coordinating and facilitating scientific research that fosters osteopathic contributions to the advancement of knowledge
- Providing programs and curricula to develop physician leaders and educators to lead the profession into the future
University of New England
11 Hills Beach Road
NEOMEN Executive Director
Phone: (207) 602-2229
Fax: (207) 602-5931
Elaine M. Simard
NEOMEN Director of Administrative and Educational Services
Phone: (207) 602-2564
Fax: (207) 602-5931