The University of New England is committed to the health and safety of all faculty, professional staff, students, and community members. our leadership continues to monitor developments regarding the coronavirus, known as COVID-19, and are constantly reflecting on ways to address any challenges as they come up. We understand and appreciate that there will be a number of questions as this rapidly changing situation continues to develop. Please continue to monitor this page as we will post and update important information and resources as they are developed. For any health and safety questions that may not be addressed on this page, please reach out to

Faculty and Professional Staff Resources

Best practices for remote work

Technology resources

Covid-19 related accommodations

Requesting a workplace accommodation for employees with disabilities

UNE utilizes an interactive process to explore possible workplace reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities who request them under the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) (or other applicable disability law).

A reasonable accommodation is any change or adjustment to a job or work environment that permits a person with a disability to participate in the job application process, to perform the essential functions of a job, or to enjoy benefits and privileges of employment equal to those enjoyed by staff without disabilities. For example, a reasonable accommodation may include, but is not limited to:

This process is a collaborative process involving the employee, Human Resources, the manager, and other subject matter experts as needed. To learn more about the reasonable accommodation process, or to request a reasonable accommodation, please email Cat Martins at


We have received several inquiries requesting to work remotely due to a lack of child care and/or schools either not opening or changing their schedules.  We can appreciate the challenges that this may pose for some of you, particularly for those who have student facing positions or whose work cannot be done remotely.  As you know, as we move toward reopening, we are committed to providing a robust on-campus learning experience for students.  As such, we expect that student-facing positions and those that cannot be done remotely will continue to be performed on campus to meet the needs and expectations of the students.  While the lack of child care is not an approved reason for an accommodation, we are willing to engage in a dialogue about the difficulty that a lack of child care poses for you to determine whether your manager/supervisor/chair can develop a flexible work arrangement to help you with those difficulties to the extent possible.

Telework/Flexwork Policy to address Covid-19

The University of New England leadership continues to monitor developments regarding the coronavirus, known as COVID-19. In an effort to continue operations, serve our students and address the needs of our employees during the pandemic, UNE is instituting this temporary policy on telework/flexwork. Employees are expected to discuss their request with their department manager, and then to submit a Temporary Telework/Flexwork Request form to their manager.

Health and Wellness Resources

Your UNE benefits

Mind and body

Mental health and crisis support

Food assistance

Housing assistance

Financial wellness

Additional Resources

Employment and veterans services

Veteran’s services:


Child care

Government agencies

This website uses cookies to understand how you use the website and to improve your experience. By continuing to use the website, you accept the University of New England’s use of cookies and similar technologies. To learn more about our use of cookies and how to manage your browser cookie settings, please review our Privacy Notice.