The Office of Intercultural Student Engagement provides LGBTQ services to foster a campus environment that is positive, safe and supportive for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning community. Services include:
- Supporting students who may have questions about sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Advocating for students experiencing discrimination or harassment based on real or perceived assumptions about sexual orientation.
- Increasing community awareness and coordinating programs on a variety of topics relevant to LGBTQ issues.
- Facilitating Safe Space Training (identifying safe people and safe spaces on campus for LGBTQ persons) and other workshops on combating homophobia and transphobia and developing LGBTQ allies on campus.
- Providing an LGBTQ lending library in the Cultural Exchange Lounge (Campus Center 100) on the Biddeford Campus with DVDs and books available for check-out.
- Sponsoring educational, academic and social events during National Coming Out Week in October, the UNE Gaypril Pride program in April, Pride Portland in June (parade/festival), and programming in the UNE Diversity Lecture Series.
- View additional state and local LGBTQ resources
Safe Space Training
Nor'Easters Take Action
UNE is a community of educators and learners who care about and for each other. If you are concerned about another member of the UNE community, please let us know by completing an incident report (PDF).