The Office of Intercultural Student Engagement provides LGBTQ services to foster a campus environment that is positive, safe and supportive for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning community. Services include:
- Supporting students who may have questions about sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Advocating for students experiencing discrimination or harassment based on real or perceived assumptions about sexual orientation.
- Increasing community awareness and coordinating programs on a variety of topics relevant to LGBTQ issues.
- Facilitating Safe Space Training (identifying safe people and safe spaces on campus for LGBTQ persons) and other workshops on combating homophobia and transphobia and developing LGBTQ allies on campus.
- Providing an LGBTQ lending library in the Cultural Exchange Lounge (Campus Center 119D) on the Biddeford Campus with DVDs and books available for check-out.
- Sponsoring educational, academic and social events during National Coming Out Week in October, the UNE Gaypril Pride program in April and programming in the UNE Diversity Lecture Series.