This website section provides a unified resource of University of New England communications related to the novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. It includes a listing of all related University announcements, as well as information on UNE’s return to campus plans for the 2020-21 school year.
A WELCOME BACK TO STUDENTS FROM PRESIDENT HERBERT
THE UNE ONWARD PLAN
The University of New England is pleased to announce its plan to resume on-campus operations and instruction in modified formats for Academic Year 2020-21. The plan, known as UNE Onward, was developed with guidance from leading health experts at the state and national levels, as well as from the university’s own exceptional scientists and public health professionals.
- September 16, 2020: Update to Student Testing Protocols (PDF)
- September 3, 2020: Update on UNE Undergraduate COVID-19 Cases (PDF)
- August 28, 2020: Update on COVID-19 Testing and Reporting (PDF)
- August 18, 2020: COVID-19 Community Care Requirements for Students (PDF)
- July 10, 2020: Announcement of “UNE Onward” Plan for Academic Year 2020-21 (PDF)
Know the Plan: Start Here
- All community members are encouraged to read the plan.
- Hybrid Instruction: UNE is providing a full curriculum of fall courses in which each course is taught using a combination of face-to-face and online instruction with a reduced number of students per class.
- Academic calendar: Please note, important changes have been made to the academic calendar.
- Dining: Meal services have been changed to support public health. For example, Ripich Dining Commons meals must be reserved or ordered for takeout. Visit the UNE Dining website.
- UNE Onward Promise: All community members are asked to make the “UNE Onward Promise,” stating their commitment to health and safety guidelines.
- Testing Before Fall Term: All undergraduate students returning to campus for the fall term are required to provide evidence of a negative viral test taken within 72 hours of arrival.
- Case Reports: UNE will provide weekly updates on reported cases on the case reporting page.
- Sanitation: All common areas will be cleaned and disinfected at increased intervals. Employees and students are asked to keep personal study and work spaces sanitary.
- Athletics: UNE has suspended all fall semester varsity athletic competition.
- Study Abroad: UNE’s fall undergraduate semester-abroad programs in Spain, France, and Morocco have been canceled. The semester abroad in Iceland will continue as scheduled.
- Stay in Contact: Please check emails to stay up to date. To confirm your contact information, log in to U-Online or complete the Parent and Family Contact Information form.
- Employees: Faculty and professional staff may reference the Employee section for more information.
MAKE THE PROMISE
As Nor’easters, we take seriously our mutual responsibility to protect each other and our UNE community.
All community members are asked to make the “UNE Onward Promise,” stating their commitment to health and safety guidelines.
We’re here to help.
For general questions, and to be referred to the relevant University office, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.