This website section provides a unified resource of University of New England communications related to the novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. It includes a listing of all related University announcements, as well as information on UNE’s return to campus plans for the 2020-21 school year.
The UNE Onward Plan
The University of New England is pleased to announce its plan to resume on-campus operations and instruction in modified formats for Academic Year 2020-21. The plan, known as UNE Onward, was developed with guidance from leading health experts at the state and national levels, as well as from the university’s own exceptional scientists and public health professionals.
- July 10, 2020: Announcement of “UNE Onward” Plan for Academic Year 2020-21 (PDF)
- July 10, 2020: Letter to New Students on Plans for Fall Term 2020 (PDF)
- July 10, 2020: Letter to Returning Students on Plans for Fall Term 2020 (PDF)
- July 17, 2020: Announcement of CCC's Suspension of Fall Athletics Competition (PDF)
Know the Plan: Start Here
- All community members are encouraged to read the plan.
- Hybrid Instruction: UNE is providing fall courses through a combination of online instruction and face-to-face class time (with a reduced number of students per class).
- Academic calendar: Several changes have been made to the academic calendar. Please note that Labor Day will be a school/work day.
- UNE Onward Promise: All community members are asked to make the “UNE Onward Promise,” stating their commitment to health and safety guidelines.
- Testing Before Fall Term: All undergraduate students returning to campus for the fall term are required to provide evidence of a negative test taken within 72 hours of arrival.
- Sanitation: All campus common areas will be cleaned and disinfected at increased intervals. All employees and students are asked to keep their personal study and work spaces sanitary.
- Athletics: In alignment with the Commonwealth Coast Conference, UNE has suspended all fall semester varsity athletic competition. UNE remains committed to providing student athletes with experiences in athletics.
- Study Abroad: UNE’s fall undergraduate semester-abroad programs in Spain, France, and Morocco have been canceled. The semester abroad in Iceland will continue as scheduled.
- Stay in Contact: Please check emails to stay up to date. To make sure your contact information is accurate, log in to U-Online and/or complete the Parent and Family Contact Information form.
- Employees: Faculty and professional staff are encouraged to reference the Employee section for additional information.
MAKE THE PROMISE
As Nor’easters, we take seriously our mutual responsibility to protect each other and our UNE community.
All community members are asked to make the “UNE Onward Promise,” stating their commitment to health and safety guidelines.
We’re here to help.
For general questions, and to be referred to the relevant University office, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.