Research Misconduct

UNE has the following policy and resources to respond to allegations of research misconduct — the knowing, intentional or reckless fabrication, falsification, or plagiarism in the conduct of scholarly activity.


Any member of the UNE community may contact the Research Integrity Officer (RIO) to report possible Research Conduct, or to have a confidential discussion/consultation about possible research misconduct.

Contact the RIO or Director of Research Integrity with any questions about the policy and associated procedures.

If you wish to report your concern anonymously, please create a new email account (using Google, Yahoo, etc.) using a pseudonym and email the RIO.


For questions about research misconduct, please contact Karen Houseknecht.

Karen Houseknecht, Ph.D.
Research Integrity Officer