WHY UNE: HANDS-ON LEARNING
EXPERIENCE YOUR EDUCATION
At the University of New England, you’ll learn through doing. Professors bring lessons to life through real experiences in labs and outdoors, and there are many opportunities beyond class to dig deeper. So roll up your sleeves or put on your boots — because at UNE you’ll learn on your feet more than in your seat.
LOTS OF WAYS TO LEARN
41% of UNE undergraduates work on real research projects by the time they graduate, compared to 23% at all colleges surveyed by NSSE, thanks to our Office of Research.
UNE has built an incredible network of employers and non-profits in order to offer you internship opportunities that match your interests and prepare you for your career.
UNE’s health professions students experience real health care situations through the true-to-life patient mannequins in our state-of-the-art hospital simulation lab.
In UNE travel courses, you’ll study a given topic for a semester, then travel with your class to a destination that brings the subject matter to life.
Students from UNE’s diverse health sciences programs work together in classes, labs and clinical simulations, learning to collaborate with specialists from other disciplines.
Our community includes students pursuing master’s, doctoral and professional degrees, and you could find yourself working side-by-side with these students as well as faculty, pursuing a shared passion.
UNE's Lab Facilities
- Arthur P. Girard Marine Science Center
- Behavioral Core
- Cecile Morgane Research Laboratory
- Clinical Performance Center
- Community Pharmacies Pharmaceutics Lab
- Dallaire Drug Information Center (DIC)
- Genomics, Analytics and Proteomics Core Facility
- Hannaford Pharmacy Practice Lab
- Harold Alfond Center for the Health Sciences
- Histology & Imaging Core (HI-C)
- In Vitro Drug Screening Core
- Interprofessional Simulation and Innovation Center
- Microscope Core Facility
- Motion Analysis Lab
- Oral Health Center
- Pickus Center for Biomedical Research
- Sterile Products Lab