Dec. 1, 2019
Dec. 1, 2019
March 15, 2020
What's Early Action?
We offer an Early Action deadline (nonbinding) for undergraduate applicants who desire early notification of their admission status. Applicants wishing to be considered for Early Action will need to submit their completed application by December 1. Students submitting all application materials on or before December 1 will receive notification of their admissions decision prior to December 31.
At the University of New England, an international student is someone who is not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States and needs a visa to study in the United States.
Prospective international students should submit the following:
- A Common Application or a UNE Application with the $40 application fee.
- Official copy of a high school transcript or a four-year educational record. International transcripts must be provided in English with a grading scale or using the traditional U.S. Education System grade scale. If an educational institution cannot provide this, the transcript must be evaluated through World Education Services.
- One of the following UNE-approved standardized test scores: SAT, ACT, TOEFL or IELTS. Please see our international test-optional policy.
Effective for Fall 2020 admission, prospective international students who meet one of the following criteria are eligible to apply without submitting SAT, ACT, TOEFL or IELTS test scores:
- Attended a regionally accredited U.S. high school or U.S. Department of Defense school for at least three years
- Received an associate, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctorate from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university
- Currently enrolled in an International Baccalaureate Curriculum or International Baccalaureate Diploma program
- Applicants for Nursing
- Applicants for Medical Biology/Pre-Dental Medicine 3+4 D.M.D. or Medical Biology/Pre-Medicine 3+4 D.O.
- Homeschooled applicants
- Applicants with unweighted GPAs less than 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Applicants with narrative or non-letter grade transcripts
Please visit the international admissions website for more detailed information.