Approximately 10,000 people per day turn 65 in the United States, and this trend will continue for the next 20 years. It is the goal of the Division of Geriatrics to develop and implement expanded clinical services in geriatrics that reflect our mission and vision. Below are the current programs with new programs to be announced.
MatureCare is a geriatric physician and physician-extender practice specializing in the care and services for SNF/NF, assisted living facility patients/residents, and for the age 50+ population residing in their own homes or congregate housing.
MatureCare clinicians provide the medical directorship and/or patient care for older adults residing in 11 Maine nursing homes and assisted living facilities. The educational and franchise opportunities of MatureCare are congruent with our division's mission and vision and sets us apart from other osteopathic training programs.
- The practice is comprised of nine physicians, seven nurse practitioners, a practice manager, certified coder, and medical secretary.
- Contracts include 11 SNF/NF and Assisted Living Facilities for Medical Director/Physician & Physician-Extender Services. Patients/residents are also served by MatureCare staff in facilities other than those with Medical Director/Physician & Physician-Extender Service contracts in place.
- The physicians and/or NP’s are in most facilities one to two partial days each week, depending upon the resident care needs of the facilities (some facilities have MatureCare presence five days each week). Medical Director duties vary according to the unique needs of each facility and are specified in contracts.
- Call-coverage is provided 24/7/365.
- Consulting/quality/audit services are available upon request and will be designed to fit the unique needs of the LTC organization. Other services are available.
- Prices for all services and/or contracts are competitive within the local and national LTC community marketplace and are individualized to fit the specific needs of each facility.
Medical directorship is provided at the following facilities
- Evergreen Manor
- Maine Veteran's Home, Augusta
- Maine Veteran’s Home, Scarborough
- Maine Veteran’s Home South Paris
- Newton Center (SMHC)
- Scarborough Terrace
- St. Andre Healthcare Facility
- South Portland Nursing Home
- Southridge Rehabilitation & Living Center
- The Landing at Cape Elizabeth
- The Landing at Saco Bay