2022-2023 Orientation

What do I do once I’ve made my deposit to University of New England?

Once you deposit and we know you want to attend classes at UNE, the Office of Student Engagement will mail you a letter containing necessary information. Depending on when you make your deposit, you will receive your letter five to ten days after. The letter includes the following:

  • Your UNE ID, your initial password, and your UNE email address.
  • Instructions on how to sign up for a Trailblazer Summer Orientation trip if you chose.
  • Information regarding housing contracts, required University medical forms, waivers, etc.
Who can I call if I’ve not received a letter from the Office of Orientation?

Contact the Office of Student Engagement at (207) 602-2447 or email orientation@une.edu. You can also follow us on Instagram @UNEOrientation to see some fun updates.

How do I register for Summer Orientation?

You can register for Summer Orientation by going to our New Nor'Easter webpage. The link for registration will be under Step 1, Dates and Registration.

There are separate registration links for residential students and commuting transfer students.

What happens if my schedule prevents me from attending Orientation in June?

If your schedule prevents you from attending Summer Orientation, please email orientation@une.edu.

How do I register for Pre-Orientation Trailblazer Trips?

You can register for a Pre-Orientation Trailblazer trip by completing this online form.

Regardless of which one you choose, all Trailblazer trips have a cost of $125. For descriptions of each of our trips please visit https://une.universitytickets.com/.

Trailblazer trip dates are June 18–21, June 25–28, July 9–13.

How do I make sure I can live with someone of my choice?

Once you have received your confirmation email from the housing office, you will find links to the housing contract and various required forms which will need to be completed prior to attending Summer Orientation.

If you have any issues with the forms or contract, please call the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at (207) 602-2272 or email housing-office@une.edu.

I am interested in a Living Learning Community or themed housing option. How do I apply?

To apply for a Living Learning Community (LLC) or Themed Living Community (TLC), please visit our housing portal and complete the application.

These specialized options provide first-year students with an introductory leadership opportunity with specific, themed programs over the course of the academic year.

Learn more about and how to apply for each community

How do I get a parking permit?

Parking permits are purchased through the Office of Safety and Security. Residential and commuting students bringing their cars to campus are required to purchase a parking permit.

More information about parking permits and parking incentives will come out in the summer and permits will go on sale in early August. For additional information visit our Safety and Security website.

When will I receive my schedule for the summer semester?

A professional academic advisor will contact you in early summer and work with you to build a summer course schedule.

Learn more about academic advising at UNE

How can I view my schedule?

You can view your class schedule and other important information on U-Online.

Log in with your UNE username and the same password as your email account.

Class schedules can be found by going to Student Services > Registration > Student Schedule by Date and Time.

How can I purchase a dining plan?

If you are a residential student, you will automatically have a meal plan on your student ID card.

Commuting students have the option to purchase a meal plan to use while you’re on campus. This can be done on https://unedining.catertrax.com/. Once on the website, under the Dining Plans menu select Purchase a Commuter, Faculty, Staff Plan.

How do I get a job on campus?

Contact the Office of Student Financial Services to see if you’re eligible for Federal Work Study and to see current on-campus job openings.

The Office of Student Financial Services is located on the first floor of Decary Hall and open Monday–Friday, 8:30-4:30 p.m.

How do I find internship/research/study abroad opportunities?

Internship information can be found at the Internship Office located on the second floor of the Danielle N. Ripich Commons.

Information about study abroad opportunities can be found at the Global Education Desk on the second floor of the Commons. During the day, students that have gone abroad will be available to speak with. Look out for information sessions about different study abroad opportunities like semester-long or travel courses.

For research opportunities, you should reach out to your professors or any professor that you wish to conduct research with.

This website uses cookies to understand how you use the website and to improve your experience. By continuing to use the website, you accept the University of New England’s use of cookies and similar technologies. To learn more about our use of cookies and how to manage your browser cookie settings, please review our Privacy Notice.