Semester Bill Generated Due Date
Spring 2024 December 7, 2023 January 8, 2024
Summer 2024 April 5, 2024 May 3, 2024
Fall 2024 June 5, 2024 August 1, 2024

Semester and Monthly Bills

You will receive a bill for mandatory charges for each semester in which you are enrolled.

  • The fall semester's ebill will be available electronically through your U-Online account, and payment arrangements must be in place by August 1.
  • The spring semester's ebill will be available in early December through your U-Online account, and payment arrangements must be in place by the due date listed on your billing statement.

Any other charges, deposits, or fines you incur are billed monthly. You can access your most current billing information by following the billing options instructions under Methods of Payment.

Please keep in mind that with loans, lenders often deduct loan fees before monies are disbursed, which can impact the amount you need to borrow. You should calculate loan fees prior to finalizing loan requests. Please see Federal Loan Fees for more information.

For assistance completing Action Items related to starting the new year, please see our Undergraduate Semester Start-Up Guide (PDF).

Health Insurance

A health insurance charge will appear on your fall semester bill. If you provide proof of comparable insurance, you can waive this fee. You must visit University Health Insurance to enroll or waive health insurance. The waiver/enrollment session for the Academic Year is from June 26 through August 19. No action can be taken before or after that period. Please see our Health Insurance Video Tutorial for more information.

Outside Resources

You must notify us in writing by emailing of all financial assistance you will receive from outside sources like private scholarships, tuition waivers, and certain veteran’s educational benefits. Federal regulations require that we consider all other tuition assistance before we calculate the financial aid award UNE can offer you.

Payment Arrangements

The financial aid offered to you by UNE in the form of scholarships, grants, and direct loans counts toward your payment arrangements. Please visit Financing Your Education for detailed information on your options. As long as all disbursement requirements are met, your funds will pay out to your UNE account. Any outstanding balance may be paid using one or more of the following methods of payment. We urge students to have payment arrangements in place by each semester's bill due date to avoid additional charges.*

*$150 late fee and finance charges of 1% on the outstanding balance

Methods of Payment

UNE offers a variety of options to pay your bill.


Using credit card, electronic check (ACH) or savings account

Student Access (through U-Online)
Select Student Financial Services
Select Student Accounts
Select Manage My Bill

Touchnet Authorized User Access*
Do not use this link if you are the student.

*Students must Add Authorized Users before others can access

U.S. Mail

Checks sent by mail may take up to two weeks to receive and post to your account.

Include the student’s name and ID number on the memo line to ensure the payment is posted to the correct account.

Please make payment out to “The University of New England”.

Mail payment to:

University of New England
Attn: Student Financial Services
11 Hills Beach road
Biddeford, ME 04005

Tuition Payment Plan

The Tuition Payment Plan allows you to make manageable monthly payments using credit card, electronic check (ACH) or savings account. Enroll in the payment plan to manage the balance due after all other payment arrangements (i.e financial aid, private loans, outside scholarships, etc.) are taken into account. Be sure to enroll early — as soon as you receive your new bill& — to maximize the number of monthly payments available ($25 enrollment fee each semester).


Loans will disburse ("pay out") to your student account by semester and date in accordance with the program in which you are enrolled. If the amount of money applied to your account exceeds your charges, you will receive a refund. Student refunds can only be issued after loans disburse to your account. We strongly recommend enrolling in Direct Deposit to expedite your refund.

Please allow 7–10 days after your disbursement date if you have enrolled in direct deposit, and allow 10–14 days if you are receiving a paper check (please ensure your mailing address is up to date in U-Online).

We strongly encourage you to use refunds for only college-related necessities. Many personal money management tools exist, and we encourage you to utilize them to learn about budgeting and debt (e.g., Mint, Budget Tracker, etc.). Please visit our Money Matters webpage for resources to help reduce your borrowing and learn how to make responsible financial decisions.

Direct Deposit Refunds

Note: To receive refunds via direct deposit, please follow the Student Direct Deposit Self-Service Guide (PDF). To receive payroll via direct deposit, please follow the Payroll Direct Deposit Self-Service Guide for Students (PDF).

Use of Federal Financial Aid for Non-Educational Expenses

If you have not "authorized" UNE to use your federal financial aid funding to pay non-educational expenses (i.e. health insurance, parking fines, late fees, etc.), you will receive a refund of these funds and will need to make arrangements to pay the balance. Please make a decision regarding "Title IV Funding" by following the instructions included on the Accept Award page.

Title IV Authorization

Title IV Authorization means that students must “authorize” the University to apply federal financial aid funding to non-educational charges on their bill. We’ll need you to make a decision on this and complete the requirement on U-Online.

Withdrawal and Refund Policies

The University's Tuition Refund Policy will determine the percentage of tuition refunded based on the date of your withdrawal (please consult the "Undergraduate" section of the page). You may also be subject to financial aid calculations to determine aid eligibility, which can result in a balance owed.

It is very important to contact us before withdrawing to discuss the impact on your financial aid.

Students utilizing Military Tuition Assistance should contact Student Financial Services before withdrawing. For more information, please review the Department of Defense return policy.


Student Financial Services

For information about the financial aid and billing process contact Student Financial Services at or (207) 602-2342. Our office hours are Monday–Friday 9 a.m.–4 p.m.

Additional Information

ATMs on Campus

M&T Banks ATM is located on the Biddeford Campus in the Campus Center (full service). A cash-only ATM is located in the Proctor Hall breezeway on the Portland Campus. If you bank with M&T Bank, ATM transactions are free.