About Continuing Professional Education
The Office of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) in the Westbrook College of Health Professions offers courses and workshops throughout the year to provide local, regional, national, and international clinicians and administrators with timely and critical information in health care. The overall goals of the Office of Continuing Professional Education are to:
- Present up-to-date “best practices,” research, and achievements in health care and health care policy to health care professionals.
- Provide current theories in health professions and instruction on how to translate those theories into practice.
- Assist health care professionals in obtaining their specific licensure and continuing education requirements.
Contact the Office of Continuing Professional Education at (207) 221-4343 for more information.
Most CPE programs take place on UNE's Portland Campus. Programs that do not take place on campus will be identified in the specific program information.
Dental Assistant Radiology Exam Prep Course
This course is designed to give the training and confidence necessary to successfully sit for the State of Maine radiology-licensing exam. This course does not include the radiology license.
This program consists of 8 hours didactic training on radiology theory and application as well as 8 hours of practical hands-on experience with typodonts as a real patient practicum opportunity.
- Next course: June 9–10, 2022
- Dental Assistant Radiology Exam Description (PDF)
- Dental Assistant Radiology Exam Registration Form (PDF)
Prechtl Assessment of General Movements
The University of New England is proud to offer the Basic Prechtl Assessment of General Movements course.