No longer accepting applications
UNE's Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Program (TCP) is no longer accepting applications for admissions. All accepted and current students should contact the program directly.
The University of New England's Teacher Certification program at the Post-Baccalaureate level is for those individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree and are interested in a career in teaching. You can earn certification in one of three areas:
- Elementary/middle education (K–8)
- Secondary education (7–12) in specific subject areas including:
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Social Studies
- Art education (K–12)
After completion of the post-baccalaureate certification program, a you are eligible to enroll in the Master of Science in Education Degree (MSED) program with a concentration in Teaching Methodology.
- The MSED program with the Teaching Methodology concentration is only available to UNE students who have completed the post-baccalaureate TCP.
- The 30-credit master's level degree encompasses 15 graduate credits from the TCP and an additional 15 credits from the MSED exclusively online graduate program, with in-depth study in the areas of professional learning communities, differentiation, motivation, and action research.
- This combination of credits satisfies UNE’s education program and state requirements for certification in elementary/middle education (K-8), secondary education (7-12), and art education (K-12).