- We are available to work with you to brainstorm new teaching methodologies and techniques.
- We can sit down with you and confidentially review your course evaluations and explore interventions.
- We can conduct classroom observations of your teaching with feedback privately shared with you.
- If you have a pedagogical question (e.g., How to teach a controversial topic?) but no time to look into the literature, we can do that for you.
- If you are preparing for RPT review and not sure how to address the teaching section of your narrative, we can help you.
- If you are interested in exploring how your research and teaching could be packaged together to explore scholarship of teaching and learning, come see us — plus we have annual grants to fund such projects.
Department and College Consultations
If your college, school, or program would like to learn more about a teaching technique or practice, let us know. Workshops can be delivered and include topics such as:
- Facilitating engaging class discussions
- Structuring and grading small group activities
- Creating a welcoming class environment
- Helping students persist in their studies
- Engaging underprepared students
- Embracing Diversity
- Aligning assessments with outcomes
- Planning an effective class session
- Interactive classroom technologies
- Blended course design- Flipped, hybrid, rotation, blendsync, etc.
We can help you highlight a teaching strategy in which you are proficient we will help communicate and spread your success.
CETL can also develop online instructional videos for faculty.
- Web-based resources are available on the CETL Sharepoint Site
- A Lending Library with more than 100 books is available to you. These books can be checked out from the Portland or Biddeford CETL office.
Events and Workshops
Badge Development Support
We are available to help you turn your idea for a badging program into learning opportunity and resource for the UNE community. Learn more on the UNE Badging Program website.