Transforming Pain Care
The Center for Excellence in the Neurosciences, along with UNE’s Center to Advance Interprofessional Education and Practice (CAIEP, formerly the Center for Excellence in Collaborative Education), brings together groups of health care professionals, scientists, educators, scholars, and students who share a passion for transforming pain prevention, care, education, and research.
Our pain patient narrative videos have been crafted in hopes of training future practitioners to provide the highest quality of care to patients experiencing chronic pain. The materials highlight the importance of working interprofessionally and approaching the patient as a whole person when in treatment. These videos can be used as educational material or for patient advocacy, in pieces or as a whole, in a lecture or small group setting. The narratives give unique insight into the lives of patients experiencing chronic pain and is incomparable to any other interprofessional educational material.
Patient Video Narratives
- Mikayla Bergquist, Amplified Musculoskeletal Pain Syndrome
- Ken Guay, Degenerative Disc Disease
- Kathryn Hill, Chronic Migraine/Occipital Neuralgia,
- Charlotte Merle-Smith, Injury Induced Neuropathic Pain
- James Mitchell, Injury Induced Chronic Pain And Chronic DVT
- John Schrader, Fibromyalgia
- Samantha Shepard, Chronic Back Pain
- Lindsey Simmons, Chronic Migraine
- Amelia Watt, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome