Service Request Form
To request services please fill out a request form (PDF) and email it to Peter Caradonna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CYPHER "ES" (ENVIRONMENTAL) ATOMIC FORCE MICROSCOPE
Cypher is the first commercial AFM to take advantage of the high bandwidth and low noise performance of smaller cantilevers and is the only commercial AFM to routinely resolve atomic point defects and the DNA helix. Now, Asylum Research introduces the Cypher ES, which adds full environmental control to the Cypher family. The heart of the Cypher ES is based around a cell constructed of inert materials to enclose and control the sample environment. The modular design allows customization for measurements in nearly any environment.
- Gas/Fluid Perfusion in a Sealed Cell
- Multiple ports for flow-through of gas and/or fluid
- Perfusion may be performed in a droplet to minimize sample volume (<20µL) and cell cleaning
- Simple gravity driven perfusion — no pumps are required
- Integrated Temperature Control
- Modular sample stages enable precise temperature control in several temperature ranges
- No external boxes, additional electronics, or cooling pumps are required
- Broad Chemical Compatibility
- Ensuring chemical compatibility even in the harshest environments, cells are constructed with inert materials:
- Fused silica
- Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM)
- Polyether ether ketone (PEEK)
- Suitable for solvents, acids, bases, buffers, inert gases
- Cypher AFM Specifications
- Head/Optical Lever
- DC Detector Noise: <5pm
- AC Detector Noise: <25fm/√Hz above 100kHz
- Photodiode Bandwidth: DC to 7MHz
- Light Source: User selectable/exchangeable. Options include superluminescent diodes and laser diodes. Wavelength is fixed at 850nm.
- Spot Size: User selectable/exchangeable. Focused spots range in size from 10x30µm down to 3x9µm.
- Controls: Focused spot positioning and photodiode centering controls are motorized and fully controllable from the software.
A variety of scanner modules are available depending on application. All scanner modules include XYZ actuation, as well as a motorized cantilever, engage stage. The standard scanner module specs are listed below:
- Scan Range: XY range is 30/40µm (closed/open loop). Z range is 5/6µm.
- Leica TCS SP5 confocal laser scanning microscope; 10x plan fluo/0.3, 20x plan fluo/0.7, 40x oil plan apo/1.3, 63x oil plan apo/1.4, 63x water plan apo/1.2
- 2 PMTs, 1 HyD detector
- 405, 415, 458, 476, 488, 514, 561, 633 nm laser lines
- Tokai Hit stage top incubation system
- Resonant scanner for rapid imaging
- Keyence BZ-X710 inverted widefield digital microscope; DAPI, GFP, TRITC, Cy5 filter cubes; 4x plan fluor/0.15, 10x plan fluor/0.3, 20x plan fluor ELWD/0.45, 20x plan apo/0.7, 40x plan fluor/0.5, 40x plan fluor/0.75, 100x oil plan fluor/1.3
- 12 bit monochrome/color CCD
- XY stitching, Z-stack, and multi-point acquisition (can be combined)
- BZ-X analyzer software for image stitching, quantification, and analysis
- Leica DM2500 upright widefield microscope with automated stage; DAPI, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5 filter cubes; 5x plan fluo/0.15, 10x plan fluo/0.3, 20x plan fluo/0.5, 40x plan fluo/0.75, 63x oil plan apo/1.4
- Stereologer unbiased image analysis software
- Leica DFC 365 FX 16-bit 1.4 MP monochrome CCD
- Imi-Tech Nile2 5 MP color CCD
- Nikon E800 upright widefield microscope (x2); DAPI, Cy2, Cy3 filter cubes; 4x plan fluo/0.14, 10x plan fluo/0.3, 40x plan fluo/0.75, 100x oil plan fluo/1.3
- Diagnostic Instruments RT KE Spot 7.2 Color Mosaic CCD
- Nikon E400 dual-headed brightfield microscope
- 2x plan/0.06, 4x plan/0.1, 10x plan/0.25, 20x plan/0.4, 40x plan/0.65
- ImagingPlanet MPX 3.3 MP color CCD
- Leica MZ6 dual-headed stereomicroscope
- 4.0x zoom
- Jenoptik ProgRes CFcool 14-bit cooled CCD