Ghana Immersion Program Details
The two-week immersion program in Ghana is available by application only. If you are accepted, you must attend an orientation session, secure a Ghanaian visa, collect and fundraise for supplies, and participate in online team-building activities. You will be expected to contribute to a professional presentation upon return.
Early applications are welcome and scholarships are available.
- Trip will take place +/- May 17/18–May 28/29 (depending on flights)
- Program and scholarship applications due January 24
- Apply now using our Online Application
Approximate student cost is $3,000, which includes airfare, ground transportation, room and board, laundry, and fees for cultural events. Please budget for additional costs such as immunizations ($300), a Ghanaian visa ($100), personal items, and shopping at the local markets.
- Healthcare, Community Exchange & Cultural Activities
- Interprofessional Education & Practice from various discipline lenses
- Sample Itinerary
- Packing Suggestions
"Except for God" — Symbol of the supremacy of God.
"This unique and beautiful symbol is ubiquitous in Ghana. It is by far the most popular for use in decoration, a reflection on the deeply religious character of the Ghanaian people."