UNE Master of Social Work
We offer two program options that are designed to be flexible for students with a busy schedule.
- On Campus: A traditional face-to-face campus experience, the on-campus program offers select M.S.W. courses in a hybrid format that blends online and classroom learning. Hybrid courses meet once every third week and the remainder of the course material is taught online.
- Online: A completely online program that can be completed from anywhere in the world.
Hear from Students
M.S.W.: On-Campus Learning for Busy People
M.S.W.: Be Part of a Cohort
Integrated Clinical Practice Specialization
The UNE School of Social Work offers a distinctive integrated approach to clinical social work education with our new Integrated Clinical Practice Specialization (ICPS). The ICPS is grounded in a philosophy of social work values and social inclusion, while it offers advanced clinical face-to-face and hybrid experiential learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom with individual, local groups, and global communities. The ICPS prepares students to be leaders in a rapidly changing world, and with multiple, creative, and flexible programs, we ensure that an M.S.W. is attainable for all who aspire to make the world a better place.
Structures for Program Progression
You can complete our program in as little as one year on an accelerated track, two years as a traditional full-time student, or at your own pace as a part-time student:
- One-year Advanced Standing track (B.S.W. required)
- Two-year traditional full-time track
- Three- or four-year part-time track
We offer three certificates you can achieve as part of obtaining your M.S.W.:
Hybrid course options
Our M.S.W. program is campus-based but offers some hybrid course options for those who desire greater flexibility. Hybrid courses meet once every third week and the remainder of the course material is taught online. Read our blog post about hybrid courses for more information.
UNE Bachelor of Social Work
Our Bachelor of Social Work program prepares you to work in a field that touches the lives of people from newborns to elders and their families. We train you with the knowledge and skills for entry-level social work practice in social service, health, mental health, and community-based settings.