As a GBIO student at UNE, you will be empowered with a comprehensive foundation of knowledge in biological concepts, offered the opportunity to conduct original research and prepare a thesis on a variety of topics, and benefit from our location by the sea and cutting-edge facilities.
Applying for 2019
Application for admissions must be submitted through the UNE Graduate Admissions Application.
- The application portal for the Master of Science in Biological Sciences opens July 1, 2018 for Fall 2019 enrollment.
- Detailed instructions are included on the application.
- The application deadline for submission and completion is February 1, 2019 and decision letters will be made in mid-March.
Processing of applications
- You are strongly encouraged to submit applications as early as possible in the cycle to ensure full consideration for admission.
- UNE Graduate Admissions will notify you via email when we receive your application and additional email communications will be sent as your status changes throughout the admissions cycle.
- Only candidates who meet minimum requirements will be considered for admission — just meeting minimums does not guarantee admission.
- Candidates are reviewed by the program faculty and are admitted based on academics and experiences that might be the best fit with the open research opportunities.
- All application decisions will be made after the February 1 deadline.
- Upon acceptance, you will be asked to submit an initial non-refundable deposit to hold your place in the class.
Note: All materials submitted as part of the application become the property of UNE and will not be returned or released to anyone, including the applicant. This policy includes letters of reference, primary and secondary applications, personal statements, transcripts, and any other supporting materials.
For specific academic dates, please view the UNE Academic Calendar.
program admissions requirements
PROCEDURES AND POLICIES
No advanced standing available
No credit awarded for experiential learning