Professional staff in the University Registrar’s Office will be working remotely for the foreseeable future. Transcripts are still being processed and mailed; however, we do expect some adjustment period to our normal production patterns and response times. We apologize for this inconvenience.
– Kathy Davis, University Registrar
Official Academic Transcript Request
Official Transcript Release Policy
- Due to production demands in Registration Services on both campuses, requests for official or unofficial transcripts cannot be processed on demand. You should plan on a three-to-five business day turn-around on any request.
- No official transcript will be issued until all of your financial obligations have been met.
- Transcripts are issued only at the verified request of the student. The purpose of this policy is to protect the privacy of the individual concerned and to minimize the possibility of the use of another's transcript by an imposter.
- Official transcripts are normally issued directly to other educational institutions or prospective employers designated by the student. Official transcripts issued to the student for purposes of transport to another party can be provided in a sealed envelope but will be considered unofficial if opened by anyone besides the intended party. Transcripts are also considered unofficial if faxed.
- If you are a current UNE student, you may print an "unofficial" transcript from U-Online.
- The University of New England will not forward transcripts via email.
Methods of Request
If you wish to order your UNE official transcript, you may do so in one of three ways:
Please review your unofficial transcript on U-Online prior to requesting your official transcript.
- Official College Transcripts may be requested through self-service on U-Online 24/7. Go to: Student Services, then Records, then select Request Printed/Official Transcript
- Forms are available in Registration Services on the Biddeford Campus (Decary Hall 114) and Portland Campus (Hersey Hall 119) where you can fill out the transcript request form in person.
- You can print the Transcript Request Form, then mail or FAX it as indicated by the directions on the bottom of the form.
Please be aware, if you choose to Pick up in a Registration Services office in 3-5 business days you will need to provide a photo ID.
- Please specify campus.
- Documents not retrieved within two weeks will be shredded to maintain data security.
- We do not accept expedited shipping label requests. All official transcripts will be sent via the United States Postal Service.
Official transcripts are provided at no additional cost to current and former students of the University of New England, St. Francis College, and Westbrook College.