UNE’s programs are aligned with state licensure requirements in Maine. If you are considering obtaining state licensure outside of Maine, we encourage you to research the state licensing requirements for that state in which you intend to practice as these requirements vary from state to state. UNE has not made a determination in states beyond Maine. To learn more about each state's licensure requirements select your licensure program from the list below. We also encourage you to discuss any questions you may have about this matter with your program's department chair/program director.
Requirements for licensure vary from one profession to another and from state to state. UNE’s programs are aligned with licensing requirements in the state of Maine. If you are interested in professional licensure and intend to practice outside of the state of Maine, please check with the appropriate state licensing body.
- Athletic Training: National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Dental Medicine/Dental Hygiene: American Association of Dental Boards
- Education/Teaching: U.S. Department of Education
- Nursing/Nurse Anesthesia: National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- Occupational Therapy: National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Osteopathic Medicine: American Osteopathic Association
- Pharmacy: National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- Physician Assistant: National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Physical Therapy: The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
- Social Work: Association of Social Work Boards