We are eager to partner with faculty to provide UNE students with the best possible preparation for their professional endeavors and support their career development. We rely on your support, assistance, and referrals as students explore their vocational aspirations and goals. Together, we can create a comprehensive career development initiative for our students.
What Career Services Can Do For Faculty
- Serve as an effective referral resource.
- Support, promote, and participate in departmental activities.
- Provide a substitute teaching option covering specific career-related questions.
- Share pertinent employment/internship information.
- Visit classes to describe services and/or present in-class workshops on career-related topics.
- Forward recommendation letter guidelines (developed by the National Association of Colleges and Employers).
- Refer students to departmental faculty for consultation regarding academic major/minor decisions.
- Provide data from recent graduates via the annual Graduate Survey conducted by Career Services.
- Promote the academic preparation of UNE graduates.
What Faculty Can Do For Career Services
- Assist students in developing life-long career pursuit and leadership skills.
- Refer your students to Career Services.
- Promote Career Services programming; include our programming on your course syllabi.
- Develop collaborative programming including career components.
- Coordinate with our efforts in working with employers and sharing contacts.
- Utilize Career Services staff when presenting relevant courses/topics within courses.
- Encourage graduating students to complete the Graduate Survey, information that is valuable to the entire UNE community.
Here are some of the ways you can partner with us. We're also open to any other collaboration ideas you have.
Integrate a Career Services workshop from the roster below into your syllabus schedule. We can also create other workshops based on your needs. To book, contact us.
Need to cancel a class? Contact us first. Depending on our availability, we might be able to host your class and present on any number of topics:
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Career fair preparation
- Networking tips and techniques
- Basic financial planning
- Personal branding
- Professional etiquette
- Creating a job search strategy
- Negotiating job offers and contracts
- Interviewing skills
- Presentations featuring alumni and/or employers
With membership in various human resources, recruiting, and professional organizations, we serve as an external representative of the University of New England. In recruiting employers for our Career Fair and researching job prospects for students and alumni, we continuously seek out, cultivate, and update an ever-growing employer contact database. We are happy to share our knowledge and contacts with your department. Likewise, feel free to share with us your relevant contacts, so we can provide our students with even more employment opportunity awareness.