A minor requires 6 biology courses, including the Introductory Biology series. In particular, majors in a Biology or Marine Sciences program who wish to take an AQS minor must select 4 additional courses beyond those required for their major. No biology courses can satisfy both the major and minor requirements except for the introductory 100-level courses.
Aquaculture and Aquarium Sciences Minor Required Courses
- BIO 105 – Biology I: Ecology/Evolution and BIO 106 - Biology II: Cellular/Molecular or BIO 104/104L – General Biology with Lab and one of the following: BIO 105/105L – Biology I: Ecology/Evolution with Lab or BIO 106/106L – Biology II: Cellular/Molecular Biology with Lab
- BIO 221 – Principles of Aquaculture
- BIO 222/222L – Finfish/Shellfish Culture Techniques with Lab
- BIO 223/223L – Health/Nutrition/Feeding Cultured Organisms with Lab
- BIO 323/323L – Principles of Aquarium Operations Science with Lab