Grounded in its mission to provide an exemplary, learner-centered pharmacy education and advance the practice of pharmacy through interprofessional collaboration, research, patient care, and service our college is continually evolving to provide the premier pharmacy education in Northern New England.
As a graduate of the UNE School of Pharmacy Advanced Standing Track (AST), you would earn the same United States Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree as conventionally enrolled Pharm.D. students. This program offers pharmacists trained outside of the U.S. the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge of the pharmacy profession as practiced in the U.S. at a college that exemplifies an environment that is creative, humanistic, promotes professionalism, cultivates diversity, and welcomes you as a professional colleague.
About the School of Pharmacy Advanced Standing Track
Our three-year program is designed for international pharmacy school graduates who wish to practice in the U.S. The program incorporates the latest in pharmacy practice, offering a variety of tracks to specialize in fields like pharmaceutical sciences, wellness and integrative medicine, and health data analytics. You can also choose to participate in research using state-of-the-art equipment alongside nationally recognized faculty.
The program starts in the summer with an advanced standing bridge course meant to cover topics in the first year of the curriculum not covered by previous degree. Upon successfully completing the preparatory course, you will integrate into the rising second-year (P2) cohort for the fall term.
Advanced Standing Track Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
Course by course transcript evaluation from World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
Preferred minimum overall GPA of 2.5
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
Please submit one of the following tests
- 213 or above on computer based
- 79 or above on internet based
- 6 or higher
Scores may be no more than two years old at time of interview.
Acceptable sources of recommendation include employers (healthcare field preferred), supervisors, faculty, preceptors, or colleagues.
Why Choose UNE?
- Three-year program leads to U.S. Pharm.D. degree
- Small class sizes with supportive faculty and professional staff
- State-of-the-art simulation center to practice patient care
- University-wide emphasis on interprofessional education
- Opportunities for study abroad in Thailand, Ghana, and Spain during your fourth year
- Three nationally recognized certificate programs incorporated into didactic curriculum: APhA Immunization certificate, APhA MTM certificate, and NACDS Point-Of-Care certificate
Why Choose Portland, Maine?
- Named “America’s Most Livable City” by Forbes, “Best Town in the East” by Outside and “Foodiest Small Town in America” by Bon Appetit
- UNE’s Portland campus is just a short drive from the waterfront
- One of the nation's most livable small cities
- Accessible public transportation
- A wealth of arts and cultural institutions
- Home to an international airport