The Academic Advising Center is located on the second floor of the Danielle N. Ripich Commons. We are staffed by professional academic advisors and advise all first- and second-year students. We also have an advisor that works with all students interested in applying to graduate schools in the health professions.
The Academic Advising Center — utilizing a personalized holistic advising approach — assists as you explore, develop, and implement educational and career goals. With ongoing partnerships with faculty and professional staff throughout the university, we support the success of all students, with increased support for those exploring major and career options and those who are academically at-risk.
To empower UNE’s undergraduate students to be active and engaged learners who are involved in all aspects of the university.
The Academic Advising Center is committed to providing a trusting relationship by helping you find academic success and a passion for learning. To help foster this success we believe that every undergraduate student should
- Take ownership of your educational experiences and progress
- Value the importance of building relationships and partnerships with people who can aide in your academic and career success
- Make informed and independent decisions
- Achieve balance in everyday life
Our goals are to assist you to
- Understand the purpose and goals of your college career and to integrate strategies for success that will be useful in life after college.
- Develop an academic plan based on your academic ability, personal interests, and expressed goals.
- Motivate you to make connections with faculty mentors, access campus resources, and participate in curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Engage in your academic career and guide you to become active participants in your learning.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop an educational plan for successfully achieving your goals while progressing towards graduation
- Identify and utilize U-Online, Capp, and the Navigate app to evaluate your progress towards graduation
- Learn and abide by UNE’s academic policies and procedures as described in the college catalog and assume full responsibility for your academic progression
- Know where and how to access appropriate support services to accommodate your needs
- Critically reflect upon your academic and career goals
- Appreciate and engage in co-curricular opportunities
- Articulate academic policies and procedure, major and core/common curriculum, and graduation requirements
- Monitor and reassess your academic progress on a semester-to-semester basis
- Help identify and correct academic problems to support your overall success
- Guide you to campus resources for problems that are beyond the realm of academic advising intervention
- Maintain regular, accessible office hours for advisement and respond in a timely way
- Assist you in building meaningful relationships with faculty
- Maintain confidentiality pursuant to FERPA