Title IV Authorization

What does this mean? Students must “authorize” the University to apply federal financial aid funding to non-educational charges on their bill. We’ll need you to make a decision on this and complete the requirement on U-Online.

Learn More about Title IV Authorization

FAFSA submission and Award Acceptance are required every new academic year

  1. Login to U-Online
  2. Select Student Financial Services
  3. Select Award and then Award by Year
  4. In the Select Aid Year drop-down box, select desired Award Year and Submit.

Have You Set Up Your UNE Accounts?

In order to receive vital Student Financial Services communications and complete financial aid process requirements, you must set up your UNE accounts as soon as possible.

How to set up your UNE Accounts

Accepting Aid is a 2-Step Process

  1. Terms and Conditions (Tab 4) Review and accept (must be done first)
  2. Accept Award Offer (Tab 5)
    • Accept full amount of awards (at bottom of award)
    • Decline your award (to prevent further reminders)
    • Accept a Portion of the offered aid. Select Accept from the drop-down box and enter in Accept Partial Amount field.
      • Note: If you accept a partial amount, the loan will be split evenly over the terms it has been awarded. Email Student Financial Services in writing if you want an uneven split to the loan. Loan requests cannot exceed semester thresholds.

If this is your first time receiving federal financial aid at UNE, there are additional requirements

Title IV Authorization

  • Go to Resources/Additional Information (Tab 3)
  • Read the paragraph under Additional Information.
  • Answer, “Do you authorize UNE to apply Title IV funds to non-educational charges?” 
  • Choose Authorize or DeclineClick Submit.

Federal Requirements

  • Go to studentloans.gov. Choose what type of student you are.
  • Complete Entrance Counseling
  • Complete Master Promissory Note for each type of loan borrowed (i.e. Direct & PLUS)

For Endorsed PLUS Loans Only

The Borrower must complete PLUS Credit Counseling (in addition to Entrance Counseling). A separate MPN must be completed if multiple PLUS loans exist for the academic year.

Student Financial Services

For information about the financial aid process call (207) 602-2342 or email Student Financial Services.

This website uses cookies to understand how you use the website and to improve your experience. By continuing to use the website, you accept the University of New England’s use of cookies and similar technologies. To learn more about our use of cookies and how to manage your browser cookie settings, please review our Privacy Notice.