The UNE Institutional Review Board (IRB) meets once per month throughout the year to review research protocols that involve human subjects, submitted by students, faculty, staff, or administrators of the University of New England. If your project involves sensitive data, special populations, or invasive data collection methods, you can expect that your submission will undergo full board review.
Full board review will take place during a monthly UNE IRB meeting. In order to give the IRB sufficient time to review protocols, please ensure that all your materials are submitted two weeks prior to the meeting dates listed below. Submissions arriving less than two weeks before a scheduled IRB meeting will be reviewed at the next month's scheduled meeting.
Please note that the two-week lead time does not apply to exemption requests or expedited review. If you have any questions about your project's level of review, please contact Lliam Harrison.
IRB meeting schedule
All meetings begin at 1:30 p.m.
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
- January 14, 2020
- February 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020
- April 14, 2020
- May 12, 2020
Please note the submission deadlines indicated above and plan your research accordingly. If you are submitting a protocol to be reviewed at one of the above meeting dates, the complete submission MUST be received at least 14 days prior to the scheduled meeting date. Submissions arriving after the submission deadlines above will be reviewed at the next month's scheduled meeting.
Download UNE's Policies, Procedures and Guidance on Research with Human Subjects for more information. Please refer to Section III.B.1. for protocol submission requirements.
UNE Institutional Review Board Forms
- IRB Application For Initial Review & Approval
- Application for Amendment
- Application for Exemption
- Application for Renewal
- Application for Approval to use Protected Health Information
- Assent Template
- Report of Important Event
- Conclusion Report
- UNE Reviewer Guide for Research Involving Children
- UNE Reviewer Guide for Research Involving Prisoners
- UNE Reviewer Guide for General Research
- UNE Student Classroom Projects Guidelines
- UNE Student Classroom Projects Application for Exclusion from IRB Oversight
- Consent Template for Adults
- Consent Template for Anonymous Surveys
- Case Study Guidance
- Case Study Registry