The University of New England (UNE) is strongly committed to supporting men and women who have served our nation through military service. UNE serves veterans, service members, and their families, who are accessing U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits, often referred to as the GI Bill®.

Students attending UNE who are eligible to receive VA Educational Benefits may qualify for one of the following Chapters of the GI Bill® of Educational Assistance:

  • CHAPTER 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
  • CHAPTER 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
  • CHAPTER 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill®
  • CHAPTER 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® FRY Scholarship
  • CHAPTER 35 Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program 
  • CHAPTER 1606 Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve 
  • CHAPTER 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program

Student Responsibilities

Become familiar with the VA Education Benefits Checklist (PDF) and follow each step in order for your benefits to be certified.

A Certification Request must be completed each semester in order to be certified with the VA.

You are responsible for any and all charges due to late submission of the request form and any other required documentation.

Any changes in enrollment must be communicated to the School Certifying Official (SCO) immediately. You will be responsible for any and all charges owed to the VA and/or the school as a result of any changes.

You are responsible for maintaining your benefit eligibility. The SCO does not have access to see this information. If you request certification it will be processed, however, should the VA deny payment it is the student's responsibility to make payment arrangements with Student Accounts for all outstanding charges.

Yellow Ribbon

UNE is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon program.

The Yellow Ribbon program allows for additional funding for students who are 100% eligible for Chapter 33 Post 9/11 benefits beyond the tuition and fees cap.

UNE will pay up to $5,000 and the VA will match UNE's payment not to exceed the total cost of tuition and fees.

There is a limited number of slots each year and they are given on a first-come, first-serve basis.

In order to be eligible for a slot a current Certificate of Eligibility (COE) must be submitted. The date the COE is submitted with determine if a slot is awarded.

Yellow Ribbon benefits will not be processed until the annual tuition and fees cap has been exhausted.

*Active duty service members and their spouses are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon.

Science Prerequisite Courses for Health Professions

Check back for updates and/or changes to processing.

Current Processing:

Army Tuition Assistance Invoice Request

If you are using Military Tuition Assistance through the Army and need an invoice to upload to the GoArmy Portal, please request your invoice online through the TA Invoice Request.

Please note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Website at

This website uses cookies to understand how you use the website and to improve your experience. By continuing to use the website, you accept the University of New England’s use of cookies and similar technologies. To learn more about our use of cookies and how to manage your browser cookie settings, please review our Privacy Notice.