The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine fosters healthcare leaders across the continuum in undergraduate, graduate, and continuing medical education to advance exceptional osteopathic healthcare locally and globally through practice, research, scholarship, education, and community health.
The University of New England, College of Osteopathic Medicine will become a recognized leader in educating primary care physicians for Maine, New England, and the nation by developing into:
- A medical school that offers a state-of-the-art curriculum, dynamic clinical rotations, and supports unique GME
- A major contributor in clearly defined, and well-focused medical research.
- A strong clinical program that serves our community through collaborative and entrepreneurial efforts
- An organization that offers leadership to our profession and our community
- A catalyst for inter‐profession education and service
- A trusted partner in health care for our community
- Foster a state of wellness, equity, inclusion, and diversity across our community
- Creatively shape the future while preserving our heritage of training osteopathic physicians to care for rural and underserved populations of Maine and New England
- Strengthen our commitment to the principles of osteopathic medicine
- Promote a diverse, innovative, interprofessional, and entrepreneurial culture
- Maintain our caring, collegial environment
- Foster integrity and accountability through a strong ethical base
- Utilize evidence-based methods, practice-focused research, scholarship, critical thinking, and a variety of learning modalities to improve medical education and healthcare outcomes
- Actively seek internal and external collaborations to further our mission