The UNE COM Student Government Association has established the Carmen Pettapiece Student Research Fund in an effort to support all areas of medically oriented research conducted by UNE COM students. Students may apply for financial support through this fund in order to conduct a research project in osteopathic manipulative medicine, clinical, biomedical or public health.
If applying for funding to complete a research project, the maximum amount rewarded to any one student will be a $2,000 stipend. This amount will be dispersed in one allotment upon acceptance. Students will be required to present their research on campus at lunch or after classes before their peers. The format and date of the presentation will be left up to the student.
Students may utilize this fund once per academic year. Grant funding is competitive — therefore, students applying for funds through this grant must demonstrate the scientific merit of the research and how it will enhance the practice of medicine.
- Applications are currently closed
- Instructions and Timeline
- February 15: Application Due
- March: UNE COM Student Government Association meets to discuss applications
- Early April: Applicants will be notified of their acceptance/rejection
- May: Funding for first payment will be distributed
For questions pertaining to the Carmen Pettapiece student research fellowship, please contact Dr. Hwyda Arafat.