Notice: Campus Visits Temporarily Suspended
In accordance with recommendations by the Maine CDC to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the UNE College of Osteopathic Medicine Office of Recruitment, Student, and Alumni Services is suspending all on-campus visits of any kind until further notice. We are monitoring this situation closely going forward and will advise if we need to further extend the suspension of on-campus visits, tours, and information sessions.
Our office is ready and excited to support future students with additional engagement opportunities. Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with UNE COM.
Conversations with COM Students
Join UNE COM this fall for Conversations with COM Students. Connect virtually with students in their first, second, third, and fourth year of medical school. Hear their experiences and perspectives on the transition and progression from one year to the next.
- November 4, 2020 6:30–7:30 p.m. (EST) – Conversations with Fourth Years: “What is the process of applying to residency like? How are interviews going?”
Register for the November 4 session here.
- December – Conversations with Second Years: “You’re almost at the halfway point, how does it feel? How are you preparing for the next steps?"
Registration Coming Soon
Registration for the Conversations with COM Students sessions is limited to 300 participants per session. If registration is closed, or if you’re unable to attend the live event, we plan to record these sessions and can share it following the event. If you want to receive the event recording, submit your contact information using this online form and we will follow-up via email.
Drop-in chat hours
Do you have a quick question about our program, curriculum, or community? Join the COM recruitment team for fall drop-in chat sessions. These hour-long events are a great and easy way to get your questions answered. Casual and conversational in nature, feel free to attend whenever you like. Since these sessions will be held via Zoom, we invite you to share your audio and video with us. We look forward to getting to know you and answering any questions you may have. Click the specific date to register.
- Friday, October 9, drop-in chat, 12–1 p.m.
- Additional fall dates coming soon
Virtual recruitment travel
This fall, UNE COM will be virtually “traveling” to universities and colleges throughout the U.S. If you’re a current student at one of the below schools, please bookmark the date and join us live. We will also be participating in national and regional virtual conferences. Check back for updates to this list throughout the fall.
- Saturday, October 17 – UC Davis Pre-Health Virtual Fair
- Tuesday, October 20 – Florida State University
- Wednesday, October 21 – Pennsylvania State University
- Thursday, November 5 – Binghamton University and University of Rochester
- Thursday, December 10 – AACOM Choose D.O. Virtual Fair
If you’re a current member of a Pre-SOMA, Pre-Med, or Pre-Health club, we’d love to virtually connect with you this fall. Email the COM recruitment team to schedule a virtual visit with our current students.
Email Elise Murphy at email@example.com to view the below past virtual events:
- Wednesday, June 10 – Live OMT demo with UNE COM faculty and alumni
- Friday, June 19 – Research at UNE COM
- Friday, July 10 – Immersive and Interprofessional Learning Opportunities at UNE COM
- Friday, July 31 – Diversity and Inclusion: Chat with UNE COM Students and Faculty
- Friday, August 7 - Life in Maine
- Tuesday, August 11 - Tips for Virtually Interviewing at UNE COM
- Friday, August 21 – UNE COM Alumni Panel to Event Recordings section
- Tuesday, September 22 – Conversations with third year COM students
- Wednesday, October 7 – Conversations with first year COM students
Prospective students, pre-health advisors, friends, and family are all welcome to join our virtual Open House Series.
Take a Virtual Tour
Follow us on social media
COM Office of Recruitment, Student, and Alumni Services
11 Hills Beach Road
Biddeford, Maine 04005
Contact Graduate Admissions
Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (207) 602-2212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.