About Break Housing

Break housing is available if you need to stay on campus during the Thanksgiving, winter*, and spring break periods. You may opt to stay in housing over breaks because of athletics, internships, long-distance travel, student teaching, or on-campus or local employment.

You can complete a break housing application online beginning one month before each break. The Housing Office requires documentation from a coach, supervisor, or professor stating your participation in a program to be submitted with the application.

You will be able to stay in your own room during Break Housing.

*Winter break housing is available when the university re-opens in January.

About Summer Housing

If you will be taking classes, working on or off campus, or conducting research, summer housing is available for Summer Session I (May 20–June 28), Summer Session II (July 3–August 9), or both (May 20–August 9). Summer housing applications are available in Residence.

If you will be working on or off campus or conducting research, an email from your employer or professor confirming your employment and the dates of employment is required.

Summer residents will reside in Sokokis Hall in a single or double room within a suite. Sokokis Hall offers laundry rooms and study lounges on each floor, a first-floor kitchen, and central air conditioning. Although meal plans are not offered during the summer, you may still purchase meals at the Ripich Commons when in operation.

If you require accommodation for a disability or medical condition, please register with the Student Access Center.

Summer Housing Rates 2023

If you are Sokokis Hall double occupancy room rate
Taking summer courses and/or working on campus $1,030 per session or $2,060 for both sessions
Participating in academic research $900 per session or $1,800 for both sessions
Not enrolled in summer courses or working off campus $1,860 per session or $3,720 for both sessions

Rates are subject to change.

Summer 2024 rates will be available in March 2023.

Summer Housing FAQ

Who should apply for summer housing?

Undergraduate UNE students taking summer courses, working on or off campus, or participating in research and internships.

All other UNE student summer housing inquiries should be directed to the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at (207) 602-2272. Other non-student housing requests should be directed to the Office of Conference Services at (207) 602-2122.

Will I have a roommate/suitemate?

All students living in on-campus summer housing will be in single or double-occupancy rooms with a suite.

If you have a medical condition that requires a single occupancy room, please register with the Student Access Center.

How am I billed for summer housing?

Summer housing will be billed to your student account and charges are assessed prior to move-in. You will have 30 days from when your assignment is made to settle your account.

If summer housing charges will be covered by your research advisor/program or on campus employer they must contact Student Financial Services.

Do I have to move between sessions?

If you currently reside on campus, you may stay in your current assignment until May 17 when you will transition to your summer housing assignment. Students residing on campus for both summer sessions will not be required to between sessions.

If you will be residing on campus for the fall semester, you will be able to move to your fall academic year assignment at the conclusion of Summer Session II. This transition date is tentatively set for Tuesday, August 13. 

Students who will not be living on campus for the fall 2024 semester, will need to vacate their summer room on Saturday, August 10.

When do I move to my summer assignment?

Summer residents must be available to transition from their spring 2024 assignment to summer 2024 assignments on May 17.

If you will not be available to transition on this date, you will need to move all of your belongings out of your spring housing assignment prior to May 17 and make arrangements with the housing office for a move-in date after May 17 to your Sokokis space.


For additional questions and information contact the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at housing-office@une.edu or (207) 602-2272.