Living Off Campus

Southern Maine and the greater Portland area provide a number of rental options. However, finding the right property takes time and research on your part. Local newspaper classifieds and Craigslist are excellent places to begin the search; the rental listings found in the Portland Press Herald are available online.

The unique coastal communities in Maine produce a number of seasonal properties that are used only in the summer months by the owner. This allows the owner to advertise to our students who seek housing during the academic year. Additionally, local property owners contact us about listing local rental properties available in Southern Maine and the greater Portland area. This service provided by the University is an informational service only. The University does not find off-campus housing for you.

Rent your space to a student!

Property owners with rentals in the Biddeford, Saco, Old Orchard Beach or Kennebunk area should please read the Off-campus Listing Letter and complete the Property Listing Application to add your property to our listing. To keep our listing current, please notify us at (207) 602-2272 or via email at when your unit is rented.

Apartment listing

Use our Apartment Listing interactive map to sort through apartments listed with UNE.

Off-Campus Housing Disclaimer

The Off-Campus Housing List at the University of New England is maintained by the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life (Biddeford) and Off-Campus Student Services (Portland). It is provided as a convenience to students and landlords/rental agencies, strictly as an informational service. UNE has not inspected or approved any of the listings for fire, heat and/or safety conditions and makes no warranties or representations concerning these items. The tenant assumes full responsibility for location, condition and contractual terms of the off-campus rental.

UNE operates under the assumption that landlords and rental agencies conduct business within the guidelines of the law and reserves the right to refuse a listing that is not in compliance. All contractual agreements are between students and the landlords or agents.

Living Off Campus