If you will be taking classes, working on or off campus, or conducting research, summer housing is available for Summer Session I (May 17–June 25), Summer Session II (June 30–August 6), or both (May 17–August 6). Summer housing applications will be available in Residence after February 25.

If you will be working on or off campus or conducting research, an email from your employer or professor confirming your employment and the dates of employment is required.

Summer residents will reside in East or West Hall in a single room within a suite. East and West Halls offer laundry rooms and study lounges on each floor, a first-floor kitchen, and central air conditioning. Although meal plans are not offered during the summer, you may still purchase meals at the Ripich Commons.

If you require accommodation for a disability or medical condition, please register with the Student Access Center.

Summer Housing Rates 2021

If you are East or West Hall single occupancy room rate
Taking summer courses and/or working on campus $960 per session or $1,920 for both sessions
Participating in academic research $840 per session or $1,680 for both sessions
Not enrolled in summer courses or working off campus $1,740 per session or $3,580 for both sessions

Rates are subject to change.

Summer Housing FAQ

Who should apply for summer housing?

Undergraduate UNE students taking summer courses, working on or off campus, or participating in research and internships. All other UNE student summer housing inquiries should be directed to the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at (207) 602-2272. Other non-student housing requests should be directed to the Office of Conference Services at (207) 602-2122.

Will I have a roommate/suitemate?

All students living in on-campus summer housing will be in single occupancy rooms in suites with suitemates. If you have a medical condition that requires a single occupancy room, please register with the Student Access Center.

How am I billed for summer housing?

Summer housing will be billed to your student account and charges are assessed prior to move-in. You will have 30 days from when your assignment is made to settle your account.

If summer housing charges will be covered by your research advisor/program or on campus employer they must contact Student Financial Services.

Do I have to move between sessions?

If you currently reside on campus, you may stay in your current assignment until May 14 when you will transition to your summer housing assignment. Students residing on campus for both summer sessions will not be required to between sessions.

If you will be residing on campus for the fall 2021 semester, you will be able to move to your fall academic year assignment at the conclusion of Summer Session II. This transition date is set for Tuesday, August 10. 

Students who will not be living on campus for the fall 2021 semester, will need to vacate their summer room on the last day of classes, Friday, August 6.

When do I move to my summer assignment?

Summer residents must be available to transition from their Spring 2021 assignment to Summer 2021 assignments on May 14.

If you will not be available to transition on this date, you will need to move all of your belongings out of your spring housing assignment prior to May 14 and make arrangements with the housing office for a move-in date after May 14 to your East or West space.

Questions about summer housing?

Please contact the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at housing-office@une.edu or (207) 602-2272.

This website uses cookies to understand how you use the website and to improve your experience. By continuing to use the website, you accept the University of New England’s use of cookies and similar technologies. To learn more about our use of cookies and how to manage your browser cookie settings, please review our Privacy Notice.