In order to secure your participation in housing selection, please complete the Housing Selection 2022/23 Intent. The deadline for the Housing Selection 2022/23 Intent form will be March 20.
If your form is received after March 20, your selection number will be at the end of your class year. If you currently live on campus, you need to complete Housing Selection Intent.
We use the intent information to determine how many selection numbers we will need to assign students for Housing Selection Days.
Complete your 2022/23 Housing Intent by logging onto UNE Housing: Residence.
For questions about the intent process, contact the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at (207) 602-2272.
Selection Numbers and Days
Housing Selection Times will be available in Residence at the end of March and will update automatically based on the best time of your group.
Each student will receive their own selection time. Selection time will be randomly assigned and generated by the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life. Your selection is determined by your class year. Class year is dependent on number of credits and not your anticipated graduation year.
- April 12, 2022 (Rising Seniors and Juniors)
- April 13, 2022 (Rising Sophomores)
Each student will get a randomly assigned selection number in his/her class year. Class year is based on number of credits and not anticipated graduation date. The student with the best time will pull in their roommates to fill a room/suite, regardless of the roommates’ selection time. The group will select their room/suite based upon the number of the roommate with the best time.
On Housing Selection, the following will happen:
- Please log on 10–15 minutes before your time.
- Once your selection time occurs simply select your space from the available spaces.
- Having a backup plan is key if you cannot select an assignment with the necessary amount of available spaces.
- After you select, you are done.
Room Change Requests
Room Change Requests will be available online beginning April 15, 2022.
If you are interested in a room change, you may submit a Room Change Request. Room Change Requests will be accommodated in order of the date received and based on space availability. The Housing Office will review them after June 1 and must lock all assignments on August 1 to prepare for student arrival.
If you are interested in a room change after August 1, please submit a request for review. Room changes will begin again after the second week of the semester.
In the event that we have any students on a waitlist, waitlisted students will be housed before any student who has submitted a Room Change Request.
Room changes are offered based on space availability and in order of the date of receipt of the Room Change Request. We are not able to offer room changes if the space is not available or if your roommate request is not mutual.
You can complete a Room Change Request online during the room change period that begins two weeks after the start of an academic semester. We also offer room changes to returning students over the summer months until August 1.
Once you have submitted the Room Change Request, your Area Coordinator will arrange a meeting with you to discuss why you are seeking a room change. In the instance of a roommate conflict, the availability of space will not prevent the existing process, which includes — but is not limited to — roommate mediation by both the Resident Advisor and Area Coordinator.
If a room change offer is approved and available, we will contact you via the information you have provided on the Room Change Request. You have 24 hours to accept or decline a room change offer. If you decline the offer, you may request to remain on file, but understand that your Room Change Request will be returned to the back of the queue.
If you accept a room change, the following things will happen:
- We will contact the new roommate to make sure that the space is clean and ready for you to move in. The new roommate has 48 hours to prepare the room. Our office will contact your Resident Advisor to complete your Room Condition Report.
- You will need to tell your roommate(s) that you are moving and that they can potentially expect a new roommate.
- Come to the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life to complete your acceptance paperwork and obtain keys/access. You will have 48 hours to complete your move. You will be given a copy of your acceptance paperwork to keep for your records.
- Our office will contact your Resident Advisor to complete your Room Condition Report. You have 48 hours to meet with your resident advisor to check out of your old room and check in to your new room.
- Turn in your old key (if applicable) to the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life in East Hall on the deadline date by 5 p.m.